“Financial resources may be the lifeblood of a company, but Human resources are the brains! Hence to build a business, its crucial to build its people”
HR Direction is a student-run academic club at MDI dedicated solely to the field of HR, that strives to integrate the experiences of HR practitioners with the theoretical knowledge of academicians in the field of human resource development It has established a reputation for itself in the corridors of Human Resource Management education in India, thanks to its numerous inter B-school competitions and industry interface sessions.
The club, HR Direction, constantly contributes significantly to students' knowledge repositories through newsletters, fun activities, flagship events, and industry exposure by floating relevant Live Projects and hosting seminars and sessions.
- At the core of the club is the annual Conclave, the marquee event of the HR direction club, filled with insightful panel discussions, story-telling sessions, quizzes, HR Play and case study competitions.
- The event calendar started with the HR Conclave 8.0, which was themed around “Evolving Workplaces- building future-ready workplaces in a VUCA world " and was organized in a hybrid set-up on 4th and 5th February 2023. The event attracted around 1000 participants from the student community and industry stalwarts.
- HR Direction also organizes an event called “Eleusis” every year before & during Imperium ’23, which consists of multiple rounds like Enthaa and IR negotiation rounds. More than 200 participants across B-school campuses became a part of it this year. Additionally, the club conducted other engaging events and various On the Spot (OTS) events during the Imperium.
- An area of intense focus for HR Direction is facilitating the application of theory to real-world scenarios and preparing HR students for the rigour of corporate and work environments. The club achieves this by bringing in Live Projects in the HR domain from reputed companies for HR students at MDI Gurgaon.
- Besides these, the club also releases Annual Compendiums before summers and final placements to help students ace the process. In addition to this, an academic GD-PI compendium is also released in the month of February, which helps the aspirants in getting an overview of the HR domain.
- The club also circulated monthly Newsletters and several enthralling HR-related concept posts on its social media handles, to keep up with the trends and HR practices in various industries and sectors.
Secretary – Rugved Ramesh Aparajit