Illumina, the disguised market research festival organized by MDI has been providing companies the unique opportunity to study consumer behavior through creative disguised market research, designed by the students of MDI, under the guidance of faculty.
With a successful track record of 26 years, Illumina is one of the biggest disguised market research festivals, offering organizations with the cost-effective opportunity to conduct extensive market research through thousands of visitors. In the past, we have also hosted sponsors like SAIL (Steel Authority of India Ltd.), KFC, Pepsi, HUL, Flipkart, IOCL, OYO Rooms, HP, Decathlon, Tetra Pack, Nielsen, Lava, Corporation Bank, Union Bank of India etc. Illumina consists of four different formats which are as follows:
- Urban Illumina – Market Research under the guise of a Diwali fun 'n food mela is conducted on the campus of MDI, Gurgaon during the Diwali time. Urban Illumina celebrates the passionate zeal of market researchers of MDI to study consumer behaviour and solve problems of many brands.
- Indulge - Indulge is held at malls to target the affluent mall going crowd under the guise of talent hunt and fashion shows.
- Rural Illumina - Market research is conducted in a Dussehra Mela in Pataudi village, Haryana to study the consumer behaviour of rural folks.
- Expressions - In this format of Illumina it conducts disguised market research exclusively for kids aged 6-16. This event attracts the participation of over 1000 children with activities like extempore, painting and essay writing.
- E-Illumina- Market Research Workshop led by Industry veterans to equip students with the skills needed to understand consumer behavior, identify market opportunities, and make data-driven decisions.
- Live projects - Illumina brings in live projects for students partnering with big brands. Previous years, brands like Swiggy, Amul, HCL, Tata power trading gave live projects to students of MDI to help them understand the real-world business problems.
Secretary - Anshika Negi