Imperium is the annual flagship cultural, management, and sports festival of MDI Gurgaon and in true terms represents our talent, aspirations, creativity, and vision. With utmost importance given to the freedom of expression, Imperium is a medium to express our emotions through art, culture, technological skills, knowledge, and entertainment. Organized independently by the students of the institute from 10th to 12th February 2023, competitions from all domains, viz Marketing, Operations, Finance, Strategy, Human Resources, etc are conducted during the event and are open to participants from any stream. The organized activities include highly competitive case study competitions, quizzes, simulations, treasure hunts, etc.
This year, the students were back on campus, and so was Imperium. With the theme "Aura: Vim Vigor Vibrance", the event took inspiration from Greek culture and celebrated the Mandevian Aura with full vigor and vibrance. The event witnessed 30,000+ impressions on the Unstop listed online competitions.
The event also hosts mesmerizing performances by some of the leading artists every year. Over the years, it has hosted artists like Benny Dayal, Euphoria, The Local Train, Rahul Subramanian, Biswa Kalyan Rath, Parikrama, Anubhav Singh Bassi, and Nishant Suri to name a few. This year the students organised:
- Mystique Masquerade, A Starry Prom Night
- Greeky Affair, Fashion Show and Comedy Night with Gaurav Kapoor
- Pro-Night with Nikhil D'Souza
FlagShip Event - Nautica
Nautica is a 3-day business simulation challenge that provides a platform to test your business acumen against some of the best B-school students of the nation. The platform allows participants to formulate strategy implementation using key financial measures and market and customer insights. By seeing the consequences of their day-to-day decision-making in a simulation, participants develop their analytical mindset and accountability while learning how to increase total shareholder return of a company. The business simulation platform was developed in-house by MDI students. As we shifted our business simulation platform from Excel to a PHP based web portal, we established a benchmark for Indian B schools to organize a business simulation competition. The event received over 2000 registrations with a total prize money of Rs. 50,000/- was the highest
among all the events conducted during the fest.
IDFC First Bank was the title sponsor and the exclusive banking partner for the event. The event also had The Souled Store as the gifting partner, Fusion Salon as the beauty partner, Safexpress as the delivery partner, Grant Thornton as the knowledge partner, Molecule as the good times partner, Strange Head Music as the music partner, and Braithwaite as the infrastructure partner. The event also had PowerGrid, Nitya Foundation, Kia, Aurobi, and Grog Events & Entertainment Pvt Ltd as other sponsors and partners.
- Sports Committee: Basketball, volleyball, football, table tennis, snooker, online chess, badminton and also a poker tournament in collaboration with PokerBaazi
- Sanskriti: The Battle of Bands, Apollos Mathetes and Kolilon Dromos
- Mile: Venture Wars and E Tambola
- Strategist: BizCzar, SCube and Dionysus
- Marquity: MarQ-Witty, MarQmix
- Monetrix: Trajectory and Bazaar 2.0
- ThinC: ProdWizard 2.0
- Impulse: Policy Housie and Advectius: Budget Case Competition
- Focus: Shutter Hunt, Photographia and Flick
- M.A.R.T: Brandizz- Guess the Brand and MauctionRT
- HRD: Eleusis
- Hostel and Mess Committee: Demeter
- Web Committee: Call of Duty, FIFA and Quizathon
- Samaritans: Guftugu, Samarpan and Beyond Karma
- Tark: Colosseum
- Asymmetry: Mono Painting, Pebble Painting, and Ekasia- Blindfolded Pictionary
- Vagmi: Pandora’s Book
- Infinite Pounces: Neurotrix, which was conducted by reputed quizmaster, Apratim Chandra Singh. MELA quiz and Sports Quiz
The event started off with a blood donation drive and there were also some fun activities planned by WEvolve, the mental health and wellness club, like a walkathon, Zumba session and Dog Therapy. There were also some events for the faculty members and their families which were enjoyed by all.
With many more challenging, engaging and exciting events, Imperium ’23 proved to be a very successful endeavor by the students of MDI Gurgaon and thereby, managed to uphold its place as one of the best management fests in the B-School Circuit.
Secretary – Niharika Verma