Vinod Thakur is PhD in Strategy from Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow. He has more than nine years of corporate experience spanning across India, Middle East, and Africa. Vinod has been associated with firms such as KPMG, EY, Protiviti, and Genpact to assist clients through various consulting assignments on business risk management, strategic transformation, and process efficiency.
His research articles have been published in reputed peer-reviewed international journals. He has collaborated with several companies in different industries to write case studies, which have been published in Ivey and Sage.
Vinod has keen research interest in family business. He frequently interacts with family businesses and family business advisors worldwide to enhance his understanding of the complexities related to family businesses. Vinod holds a Certificate in Family Business Advising (CFBA) from Family firm Institute (FFI), which is the world’s leading network for the advisors, consultants, educators, and researchers to perpetuate multigenerational family businesses.
He has taught courses on Strategic Management, Strategic Alliances and Joint Ventures, Case Research Method, and Family Business Management.
- Fuad, M., Thakur, V., & Sinha, A. K. (2021). Family Firms and Their Participation in Cross Border Acquisition Waves: evidence from India. Cross Cultural & Strategic Management 28(4), 791–814. (ABDC – B)
- Fuad, M., Thakur, V., & Sinha, A. K. (2021). Entry Timing as a Mixed Gamble in Cross-border Acquisition Waves: A study of Family Firms. Family Business Review 34(3), 323–341. (ABDC – A)
- Thakur, V., & Sinha, S. (2020). Influence of family socio-emotional wealth on strategic decision making in Indian family firms. International Journal of Management Concepts and Philosophy 13(2), 153–172. (ABS – 1)
- Thakur, Vinod & Sinha, Sabyasachi (2022). Malabar Gold & Diamonds – Expansion plans for India. Ivey Publishing (Case: W26278, Teaching Note: W26279)
- Thakur, Vinod (2022). Cheema Boilers Limited: Sustaining The Family Business. SAGE Publications: SAGE Business Cases
- Thakur, Vinod (2022). Dhanvantari Ayurvedic Private Limited: Challenges in Professionalization of Family Business. SAGE Publications: SAGE Business Cases
- Sinha, Sabyasachi & Thakur, Vinod (2020). Vijay Sales: The millennial conundrum. Ivey Publishing (Case: 9B20M202, Teaching Note: 9B20M202)
- Sinha, Sabyasachi & Thakur, Vinod (2020). Shubham Goldiee Masale Private Limited: Consolidate or Expand? Ivey Publishing (Case: 9B20M080, Teaching Note: 8B20M080)
- Sinha, S., Thakur, V. (2023). Innovation in Family Business Groups. In: Rautiainen, M., Parada, M.J., Pihkala, T., Akhter, N., Discua Cruz, A., Mukherjee, K. (eds) The Palgrave Handbook of Managing Family Business Groups. Palgrave Macmillan, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-13206-3_16