M. Tech (JU), M. Phil (IGIDR), Ph. D (JU)
Areas of Interest: Energy Economics, Applied Time Series Modelling & Forecasting, Clean Energy Transitions & Green Finance
• Corporate - 6 years
• Academic - 2006 - till date
Honors and Awards:
• Figured among the top 2% researchers in a global list compiled by the Stanford University based on a peer-reviewed study
• Numerous publications, many of them are single authored, in reputed international journals
• More than 4000 citations
• Editor, Vision – The Journal of Business Perspective, SAGE (2012 – 2015; 2020 – till date)
• Review Papers for reputed journals with high impact factors
• In a research article “Research productivity in management schools of India during 1968-2015: A directional benefit-of-doubt model analysis” published in OMEGA (ELSEVIER), Sajal Ghosh ranked 4th in top 5% productive researchers in management domains for the period 2004-05 to 2014-15 and ranked 2nd among top 10 experts in Economics
• Member, Association for Energy Economics
• Ex-Member of World Energy Council’s International Study Group on Energy Market Reforms.
Microeconomics, Applied Time Series, International Oil & Gas Markets and Geopolitics, Energy Policies for Sustainable Development, Advance Policy Modelling
Publications (as on March 2022):
• Mishra B., Ghosh S., Kanjilal K. Strategizing Export Promotion in Indian Telecom Sector: Empirical Evidence using time and frequency analysis. (2022) Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economics ROUTLEDGE DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/17520843.2022.2050091
• Singh VK., Ghosh S. Financial inclusion and economic growth in India amid demonetization: A case study based on panel cointegration and causality. (2021) Economic Analysis and Policy (ELSEVIER) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eap.2021.07.005
• Bouri E., Kanjilal K., Ghosh S., Roubaud D., Saeed T. Rare earth and allied sectors in stock markets: extreme dependence of return and volatility. (2021) Applied Economics (Taylor & Francis) DOI: 10.1080/00036846.2021.1927971
• Song Y., Bouri E., Ghosh S., Kanjilal K. Rare earth and financial markets: Dynamics of return and volatility connectedness around the COVID-19 outbreak. (2021) Resources Policy ELSEVIER DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resourpol.2021.102379
• Yahya M., Kanjilal K., Dutta A., Uddin GS., Ghosh S. Can clean energy stock price rule oil price? New evidences from a regime-switching model at first and second moments. (2021) Energy Economics (ELSEVIER) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2021.105116
• Abosedra S., Fakih A., Ghosh S., Kanjilal K. Financial development and business cycle volatility nexus in the UAE: (2021) Evidence from non?linear regime?shift and asymmetric tests. International Journal of Finance & Economics (Wiley) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/ijfe.2560
• Ghosh S., Kanjilal K. Non-fossil fuel energy usage and economic growth in India: a study on non-linear cointegration, asymmetry and causality. (2020) Journal of Cleaner Production ELSEVIER DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.123032
• Prakash V., Ghosh S., Kanjilal K. Costs of avoided carbon emission from thermal and renewable sources of power in India and policy implications. (2020) Energy ELSEVIER DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2020.117522
• Mishra B., Ghosh S., Kanjilal K. Evaluation of import substitution strategy in Indian telecom sector: Empirical evidence of non-linear dynamics. (2020) Telecommunications Policy ELSEVIER, Vol 44(7) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.telpol.2020.101998
• Yahya Y., Ghosh S., Kanjilal K., A Dutta A., Uddin GS. Evaluation of cross-quantile dependence and causality between non-ferrous metals and clean energy indexes. (2020) Energy ELSEVIER DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2020.117777
• Kanjilal K., Ghosh S. Asymmetric and regime switching behaviour of GDP and energy nexus in India: new evidences. (2020) Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies ROUTLEDGE DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/17520843.2020.1751670
• Kanjilal K., Ghosh S. Revisiting income and price elasticity of gasoline demand in India: New evidence from cointegration tests. (2018) Empirical Economics SPRINGER DOI 1007/s00181-017-1334-2
• Kanjilal K., Ghosh S. Dynamics of crude oil and gold price post 2008 global financial crisis–New evidence from threshold vector error-correction model. (2017) Resources Policy ELSEVIER 52: 358-365
• Hairat MK., Ghosh S. 100 GW solar power in India by 2022 - A critical review. (2017) Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews ELSEVIER 73: 1041-1050.
• Singhal S., Ghosh S. Returns and volatility linkages between international crude oil price, metal and other stock indices in India: Evidence from VAR-DCC-GARCH models. (2016) Resources Policy ELSEVIER 50: 276-288.
• Sharma SK., Ghosh S. Short-term wind speed forecasting: Application of linear and non-linear time series models. (2016) International Journal of Green Energy Taylor & Francis 13(14): 1490-1500.
• Bondia R., Ghosh S., Kanjilal K. International crude oil prices and the stock prices of clean energy and technology companies: Evidence from non-linear cointegration tests with unknown structural breaks. (2016) ENERGY-The International Journal ELSEVIER 101; 558-565.
• Jain A., Biswal PC., & Ghosh S. Volatility–volume causality across single stock spot–futures markets in India. (2016) Applied Economics, ROUTLEDGE DOI: 10.1080/00036846.2015.1136401
• Ghosh S., Kanjilal K. Co-movement of international crude oil price and Indian stock market: Evidences from nonlinear cointegration tests. (2016) Energy Economics ELSEVIER, 53: 111-117.
• Kapoor N., Ghosh S. Long-term association between European and Indian markets on carbon credit price. (2016) Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews ELSEVIER, 38: 656-662.
• Kanjilal K., Ghosh S. Income and price elasticity of gold import demand in India: Empirical evidence from threshold and ARDL bounds test cointegration. (2014) Resources Policy ELSEVIER, 41: 135-142.
• Ghosh S., Kanjilal K. Long-term equilibrium relationship between urbanization, energy consumption and economic activity: Empirical evidence from India. (2014) ENERGY –The International Journal, ELSEVIER 66: 324-331.
• Ghosh S., Kanjilal K. Oil price shocks on Indian economy: evidence from Toda Yamamoto and Markov regime-switching VAR. (2014) Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies ROUTLEDGE, 7 (1): 122-139.
• Ghosh S., Kanjilal K. Modeling and forecasting of day-ahead electricity price in Indian energy exchange–evidence from MSARIMA-EGARCH model. (2014) International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management INDERSCIENCE, 8 (3): 413-423.
• Ghosh S., Kanjilal K. Environmental Kuznet’s curve for India: Evidence from tests for cointegration with unknown structural breaks. (2013) Energy Policy, ELSEVIER 56: 509–515.
• Jain A., Ghosh S. Dynamics of global oil prices, exchange rate and precious metal prices in India. (2013) Resources Policy, ELSEVIER, 38(1): 88-93.
• Prasad R., Ghosh S. Telephone penetrations and economic growth: evidence from India. (2012) NETNOMICS: Economic Research and Electronic Networking, SPRINGER, doi: 10.1007/s11066-012-9067-z
• Rao CR., Ghosh S. Monthly peak demand forecasting of electricity in India – a critic. (2012) Energy Policy, ELSEVIER, 45: 516–520.
• Ghosh S. Examining crude oil price – Exchange rate nexus for India during the period of extreme oil price volatility. (2011) Applied Energy, ELSEVIER, 88: 1886–1889.
• Ghosh S. Examining carbon emissions economic growth nexus for India: A multivariate cointegration approach. (2010) Energy Policy ELSEVIER 38: 3008–3014.
• Ghosh S. High Speed Diesel (HSD) consumption and economic growth in India. (2010) Energy-The International Journal ELSEVIER 35: 1794–1798.
• Ghosh S. Univariate forecasting of day-ahead electricity demand in the Northern grid of India. (2009) Int. J. Indian Culture and Business Management INDERSCIENCE 2(6): 625 – 637.
• Ghosh S. Examining tourism-led growth hypothesis for India. (2011) Int. J. Indian Culture and Business Management, INDERSCIENCE 4( 3), 347-355.
• Ghosh S. Electricity supply, employment and real GDP in India: evidence from cointegration and Granger-causality tests. (2009) Energy Policy ELSEVIER 37: 2926–2929.
• Abosedra S., Dah A., Ghosh S. Demand for Electricity in Lebanon. (2009) International Business & Economics Research Journal, INDERSCIENCE 8(1): 11-17.
• Abosedra S., Dah A., Ghosh S. Electricity Consumption and Economic Growth, The case of Lebanon. (2009) Applied Energy ELSEVIER 86: 429-432.
• Ghosh S. Import demand of crude oil and economic growth: Evidence from India. (2009) Energy Policy ELSEVIER 37: 699 -702.
• Ghosh S., Petroleum consumption and economic growth: evidence from China and some South Asian countries (2009) Journal of Resources, Energy & Development 6(1): 1-8.
• Ghosh S. Univariate Time Series Forecasting of Monthly Peak Demand of Electricity in Northern India. (2008) International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management INDERSCIENCE 1(4): 466 – 474.
• Abosedra S., Ghosh S. Oil Futures Prices, Economic Growth, and Causality in Jordon, Tunisia & Turkey. (2007) Middle East Business And Economic Review, INTERNATIONAL CENTRE FOR MIDDLE EAST BUSINESS AND ECONOMIC RESEARCH, AUSTRALIA 6(8): 43-50.
• Ghosh S. Investment opportunities in Indian energy sector. (2007) Int. J. Indian Culture and Business Management, INDERSCIENCE 1(1/2): 64 – 81.
• Abosedra S., Ghosh S. Growth and Oil Futures Prices in Developing Countries. (2007) International Business & Economics Research Journal INDERSCIENCE 6(8): 43-50. (Initially Published in the proceedings of Applied Business Research (ABR) Conference, The Clute Institute For Academic Research, HAWAII - JANUARY 2-5, 2007. The paper also got Best Paper Award)
• Ghosh S. Forecasting Monthly Peak Demand for Power. (2007) Forecasting Letters, 1(3): 6-13
• Ghosh S. Future demand of petroleum products in India. (2006) Energy Policy ELSEVIER 34: 2032 – 2037.
• Ghosh S. Steel consumption & economic growth: evidence from India. (2006) Resources Policy ELSEVIER 31: 7 -11.
• Ghosh S., Basu S., The causal relationship between coal and gas consumption with economic growth in India (2006), Journal of Resources, Energy & Development 3(1): 13 – 20.
• Ghosh S., Raghuraman V. Indo-US Cooperation in Energy – Indian Perspective. (2003) Occasional Paper Series, Atlantic Council, USA.
• Ghosh S., Kanjilal K., Future industrial Co2 emission and consequences of Co2 abatement strategies on Indian economy (2003), Pacific and Asian Journal of Energy 12(2): 123-128.
• Ghosh S., Naik AV., Raghuraman V. Energy Security Issues – India. (2003) Occasional Paper Series, Atlantic Council, USA.
• Ghosh S., Raghuraman V. Power from Renewables- Indian Perspective. (2002) Published in the Proceedings of “International Conference & Exhibition on Energy 2002” at Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
• Ghosh S., Das A. Short-run electricity demand forecasts in Maharashtra. (2002) Applied Economics ROUTLEDGE 34(8): 1055-1059.
• Ghosh S. Electricity consumption and economic growth in India. (2002) Energy Policy ELSEVIER 30(2): 125-129.
• Ghosh S. Sustainable energy policy to promote clean air in India. (2001) Occasional Paper Series, Atlantic Council, USA.
• Ghosh S., Indian electricity sector: a cointegration analysis (2001), Pacific and Asian Journal of Energy 11 (1): 5-9.
A. Newspaper Articles
• Clean coal technology, despite Clinton (Aug 18 2009) Economic Times
• Freeing up prices of all petrofuels will encourage competition (Nov 5, 2011), Economic Times
• The possibility of a sane fuel policy (Dec 22, 2011), MINT
• Solutions to the fuel crisis (12 June, 2012), Economic Times
• Coming down to earth: Why solar power isn’t a big deal (Nov 9, 2013), Economic Times
• India’s sham fuel pricing regime boosts subsidies (Oct 8, 2013) Economic Times
• The conundrum of coal allocations (DEC 16 2014), MINT
• India’s trouble with gold demand (DEC 08 2014), MINT
• Solar power: truth versus hype (Jan 19 2016), MINT
• India’s solar mission can cause new debt problems (May 09, 2017), MINT
• India in the spotlight: A complex clean energy revolution (Feb 6, 2019) Economic Times Energy World