Neetu Yadav is an Assistant Professor of Strategy and General Management area at MDI Gurgaon. She has served Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, and also worked with University of Delhi as Assistant Professor at Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies before joining MDI. She holds a Ph.D. from Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.
She has been awarded with the most prestigious Paul R. Lawrence Fellowship to participate in NACRA 2018 annual meeting and also a recipient of Emerald Literati Awards 2019. She has also been awarded as Senior Research Fellow from University Grants Commission (UGC) and International travel grants from ICSSR. She has participated in 41st Faculty Development Program at IIM Ahmedabad and now an alumni of IIM Ahmedabad. She has also earned Certificate of “Foundations in Design Thinking” from IDEO-U.
Emerald Literati Award 2019: Highly Commended Article in Emerging Markets Case Studies
Case Research Foundation: Paul R. Lawrence Fellowship 2018
Best Full Paper Award: British Academy of Management Conference, 2019
UGC: NET- JRF & SRF
ICSSR: International Travel Grant
Neetu Yadav advocates participant-centered learning and extensively uses case method of teaching, simulation, and experiential learning pedagogical tools in her classrooms. She is a trained case teacher from Case Center, UK, and IIM Ahmedabad. She has taught courses in the area of Strategic Management and Business Policy, and her teaching area of interests are Corporate Strategy, Corporate Social Responsibility, Business Models innovation, and Critical and Design Thinking. She has extensively published teaching cases, some of them are as follows:
Pangarkar, N. and Yadav, N. (2021), MCDONALD’S VERSUS VIKRAM BAKSHI, Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, Vol. 11 No. 4, pp. 1-27.
Yadav, N. (2020), IKEA Inc.: The India Way, Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies (Teaching note is also available), Available Online.
Yadav, N. and Sagar, M. (2018), “Amazon India’s ‘Apni Dukaan’: Branding Strategy”, Emerald Emerging Market Case Studies, Vol. 8, Issue 2 (Emerald Publications, UK).
Yadav, N., Gupta, K., and Khetrapal, V. (2018), “Next Education: Technology Transforming Education”, South Asian Journal of Business and Management Cases, Vol. 7 Issue 1, pp. 68-77 (Sage Publications; Scopus Indexed).
Her research work has received accolades in numerous international conferences in India and abroad. She has published extensively in high-repute international journals, some of them are, Journal of Business Research, Business Process Management Journal, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, Journal of Strategy and Management etc. Her areas of research are Sustainability and Strategy and their inevitable interaction, Coopetition based strategic alliances, Digital Platform Competition, Business models innovation, and Group model building using System Dynamics.
- Yadav, N., Kumar, R., and Malik, A. (2022), “Global developments in coopetition research: A bibliometric analysis of research articles published between 2010 and 2020”, Journal of Business Research, Vol. 145, pg. 495-508. (ABDC Rating: A)
- Yadav, N. and Nandakumar, M. K. (2021), “Developing a Comprehensive Business Case for Sustainability: An Inductive Study" International Journal of Organizational Analysis, Forthcoming (Scopus Indexed, ABDC Rating: B).
- Yadav, N. (2020), "Application of System Dynamics Methodology in Performance Management System: A Case Study of Indian Automotive Firm", International Journal of Business Performance Management, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 385- 399 (Scopus Indexed).
- Yadav, N. and Waal, Andre de (2020), "Comparison of Indian with Asian organizations using the high performance organization framework: An empirical approach", Journal of Transnational Management, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 176-194 (Scopus Indexed).
- Yadav, N. and Gupta, K. (2020), "Disruptive innovation in Saturated Indian telecom space: A case of Reliance Jio", International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 127-140 (Scopus Indexed).
- Yadav, N. and Sehgal, V. (2019), "India's super 50 companies and their mission statement: A multifold perspective", Journal of Strategy and Management, Vol. 12 No. 2, pp. 208- 226.
- Yadav, N., Sushil, Bititci, U.S. (2018), “Development of Performance Management System incorporating dual perspectives of Enterprise and customers’”, Measuring Business Excellence, Vol. 22 No. 3, pp. 201-219 (Scopus Indexed; ABDC Rating: B).
- Yadav, N., Taticchi, P. and Sushil (2015), “Dynamics of Strategic Interventions with Firm’s Performance: Case Illustration in Indian Context”, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, Vol. 64 No. 5, pp. 640-656. (Emerald Publication, U.K., h-index: 25) (ABDC rating: B).
- Yadav, N. Sushil, and Sagar, M. (2015), “Modeling Strategic Performance Management of Automobile Manufacturing Enterprises: An Indian Context”, Journal of Modelling in Management, Vol. 10 No. 2, pp. 198-225. (Emerald Publication, UK).
- Yadav, N. (2014), “Flexibility Aspects in Performance Management System: An Illustration of Flexible Strategy Game-card”, Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Vol. 15 No. 3, pp. 181-189.
- Yadav, N. and Sushil (2014), “Total Interpretive Structural Modelling (TISM) of Strategic Performance Management for the Indian Telecom Service Providers”, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, Vol. 63 Issue 4, pp. 421-445. (Emerald Publication, U.K., h-index: 25) (ABDC rating: B).
- Yadav, N. Sushil, and Sagar, M. (2013), “Performance measurement and management frameworks: Research trends of last two decades”, Business Process Management Journal, Vol. 19 Issue 6, pp. 947-971. (Emerald Publication, U.K., h-index: 35) (ABDC rating: B)
Conference Presentations Abroad
- Yadav, N. and de Waal, A. (2019), "How High Performing are Indian organizations in comparison with Asian Organizations?", Presented and Accepted for Publication at British Academy of Management 2019 conference at Aston University, Birmingham, UK, Sep 03-05, 2019.
- Yadav, N. (2018) "IKEA Inc.: The India Way", Case Idea presented at 60th Annual Conference of North America Case Research Association held at Florida, USA, Oct. 04-06, 2018.
- Yadav, N., Gupta, K., and Rani, L. (2018), “Drivers of Sustainability Strategies and SMEs: A Systematic Literature Review”, Accepted for Presentation at 6th International Conference on Sustainable Development, Organized by European Center of Sustainable Development, Rome, Sep. 12-13, 2018.
- Yadav, N., Bhat, A. and Sushil (2017), “Sustaining Competitive Edge of Indian Outsourcing IT-ITes Industry: A Systems Approach”, In online Conference proceeding of 2nd Asia-Pacific Region System Dynamics Conference of the System Dynamics Society, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 19-22 Feb 2017.
- Yadav, N. and Yadav, V. (2016), “Higher Education and Sustainable Development: An Exploratory Study of Indian Management Courses”, Accepted for Presentation and Publication at 3rd World Symposium on Sustainable Development at Universities, MIT, Cambridge, USA, Sept. 14-16, 2016.
- Yadav, N. and Sushil, (2016), “Interaction of Strategic Intervention with Performance Measurement: A System Dynamics Perspective”, In Conference Proceeding of 10th International Conference of Performance Measurement Association, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, June 26-29, 2016.
- Yadav, N. and Sushil (2013), “Development of ‘System Dynamics-based’ Flexible Strategy Game-card: Exploring Future Performance of the Indian Telecom Service Providers”, In Conference Proceeding of 31stInternational System Dynamics Conference, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.