August 31, 2023 |
Emerald Publishing and TLC@ MDI Gurgaon welcome high-quality teaching cases to a joint case writing competition.
Emerald EMCS & TLC@MDI India Compact Case Competition 2023
Competition status: Open
Closing date: 31 December 2023
Publication: Emerging Markets Case Studies
The India Compact Case Competition is to be conducted by Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies in partnership with TLC@MDI Gurgaon.
The aim of the competition is to encourage and promote the development of high-quality, compact teaching case material relevant to the realities of the Indian economy, and at the same time promote the development of case-writing capabilities within authors based in the country. In addition to potential publication in the Scopus-indexed Emerging Markets Case Studies collection, participants will have the opportunity to win up to $1000 for their submission.
Award & publication
The total award prize fund is $2,000, including $1,000 for the winner. Prizes of $500 will be awarded to two runners-up.
Winners will be announced in the last week of March 2024. We will consider all submissions for international publication in Scopus-ranked Emerging Market Case Studies (EMCS) regardless of whether or not they win the competition.
Please note that all prize funds do not include additional compensation for any regional/local Value Added Tax (VAT) your bank may extract. Individual bank fees may also apply which is outside the prize money.
Your case should:
• Have a developing and emerging markets focus from India.
• Include at least one author based at a higher education institution in India. (Participants are welcome to include co-authors based outside of India so long as this criteria is met).
• Be based on a real situation in a real company.
• Be a compact teaching case (approximately 1,000-3,000 words, not including the teaching note). We cannot accept academic (research) cases.
• Not have been published before in its current or substantially similar form or be under consideration for publication in any ISSN/ ISBN-registered publication or with any other case centre.
• Meet the standard EMCS author guidelines for compact cases (more below).
• Include a completed and signed consent to publish release form.
• Your case will be automatically entered into the peer-review process. Selected cases will be published in the Scopus-ranked EMCS collection (ISSN 2045 0621). By participating in the competition, you are agreeing to publish your case study in EMCS, subject to acceptance for publication after peer review and revisions (if required).
Before you enter
Find out what paperwork you need to complete and further criteria you need to consider before entering the competition.
• Author guidelines - Your case should meet standard EMCS author guidelines to be considered for publication. Find information on format, length, teaching notes and download template documents.
• Consent to publish - Download and include a consent to publish release form with your entry. Your form should be completed and signed by the management of the company or individuals included in your case.
• Title page - Download and include a case study title page with your entry.
Know more about Entry Criteria, To-Do list before you enter, click here