Admission Process for PGDM/PGDM-HRM/PGDM-IB & PGDM-Business Analytics (2024-26)
Applicants must have a COMMON ADMISSION TEST (CAT 2023) to be eligible for admission to the PGDM, PGDM-HRM, PGPM-IB and PGDM-Business Analytics programs of MDI Gurgaon and PGDM program of MDI Murshidabad.
Important dates regarding CAT-2023
|Starting Date for CAT 2023 Registration||August 02, 2023|
|Closing Date for CAT 2023 Registration||September 13, 2023|
|Starting Date for MDI Online Application||Tuesday, September 26, 2023|
|Closing Date for MDI Online Application||Friday, November 24, 2023 (5:00 PM IST)|
|Common Admission Test Date||Sunday, November 26, 2023|
• The combined online application form for MDI Gurgaon (PGDM/PGDM-HRM/PGDM-IB/PGDM-Business Analytics) & MDI Murshidabad (PGDM) shall be available on the MDI website https://www.mdi.ac.in/ with necessary instructions.
• Online registration will be open till Friday, November 24, 2023, 17:00 hrs.
• Candidates have to make an online payment of Rs. 3000 (Rupees three thousand only) inclusive of 18% GST irrespective of the number of programmes they apply for.
• Candidates applying for both MDI-G and MDI-M have to make an online payment of Rs. 3590 (Rupees three thousand five hundred ninety only) inclusive of 18% GST.
• NRI Candidates for MDI Gurgaon and Foreign Nationals/ Gulf Quota/ OCI candidates for MDI Murshidabad will have to make an online payment of Rs. 8496 (Rupees eight thousand four hundred ninety-six only) inclusive of 18% GST.
NOTE: There is a single unified application form for all programmes. Applicants need to select the programme (PGDM/PGDM-HRM/PGDM-IB/PGDM-Business Analytics) they wish to apply for.
• At least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in both class X and XII.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Minimum 4 years duration), with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in any discipline from any University recognized by the AICTE/AIU/ Ministry of HRD, Government of India1.
• Applicants to the PGDM-IB programme must possess a minimum of 1 year (one year) work experience as on 31st January 2024, after completion of a Bachelor’s degree of admissible duration for the programme.
1The basis for computing the percentage obtained by the candidate would be based on the practice followed by the university/ institution/board from where the candidate has obtained the degree/certificate. In case of the candidates being awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the university/ institution/board from where they have obtained bachelor’s degree/certificate. In case the university/ institution /board does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by MDI by dividing obtained CGPA(X) with the maximum CGPA(Y) and multiplying fraction so obtained by 100 (Z). e.g. (X)/(Y))*100.
Shortlisting of candidates for the GDPI process will be done on the basis of the details provided in the application form and their CAT scores. Shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interviews between February and April 2024 at a center in one of the following cities: Bangalore, Gurugram, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai and Mumbai. Centers other than Gurugram are tentative. The GDPI process may also be conducted online through zoom for which the intimation will be given to the short-listed candidates in advance.
The final selection of the candidates will be based on weightages of CAT-2023 scores, GD & PI, Academic merit, Academic diversity, Work experience and social diversity.
Process for NRI Applicants
NRI applicants may apply on the basis of their valid GMAT scores. Personal Interview will be conducted for shortlisted candidates in the month of April-2024. Government of India (GOI) rules will be followed related to admission of these categories of candidates. GOI guidelines will be applicable in determining the status of applicants. NRI applicants may Candidates have to make an online payment of Rs.8496 (Rupees eight thousand four hundred ninety-six only) inclusive of 18% GST using Credit/Debit card/Net Banking.
Successful candidates will be intimated of their final selection in April 2024. The fees and schedule of payment details are given below:
|Nomenclature of Fees||PGDM-IB (Combined fees for 2 years)|
|Tuition Fees||Rs 24,70,400|
|Learning Material Fees||Rs 65,000|
|Students Activities||Rs 33,000|
|Library Fee||Rs 44,000|
|Alumni Fee||Rs 14,300|
|Security Deposit*||Rs 27,500|
|Total Fee without Boarding & Lodging Charges||Rs 26,54,200|
|Boarding Charges||Rs 72,500|
|Lodging Charges||Rs 89,500|
|Grand Total of Two Year||Rs 28,16,200|
For Fee payment, please click.
Note for PGDM-IB candidates
• Students do not have to pay any tuition fee at ESCP Europe location, if they finish their academic requirements in one year. However, students have to bear visa fee, visa assistance fee, social security, travel cost, daily living cost, lodging & boarding, purchase of books and learning material at ESCP Europe.
• Students must be covered for health insurance (medical costs, hospitalization) and personal insurance (civil liability, individual accident, repatriation) for their entire duration of their exchange at ESCP Europe.
• ESCP Europe will assist students by providing information about the availability of accommodation. However, students will have to make final arrangements on their own. Cost of stay in Europe is approximately Euros 800-1000 per month.
Note: MDI reserves the right to enhance fee and other charges at any point of time during the Academic Year. Due notice would be given, while making such changes.
MDI uses CAT scores for Indian Candidates for shortlisting the candidates for its programmes. Indian candidates can not apply on the basis of their GMAT score. IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in conducting the programme.