Shiv S. Tripathi is a PhD from Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kharagpur in Strategy area. He has more than 17 years of corporate and academic experience in organisations like Exide, ICFAI & Century Plyboards. His core area of teaching research and consulting is innovation and growth through innovation and entrepreneurship. His research has appeared in international journals like Technology Innovation Management Review, Journal of Asia Business Studies, Technology Analysis & Strategic Management to name a few. He has written a book titled International Business: Theory and Practice published by Sage Publications. He has been a consultant to Ministry of Jal Shakti; Department of Urban Local Bodies, Government of Haryana; Utility Powertech Limited and some corporates. He has trained the executives of more than 25 organisations. He is a professional wildlife photographer, an aero-numismatist and loves to travel.
- Innovation Strategy
- International Business
- Emerging Markets Strategy
- Strategic Management
- Tripathi, S. S. & Ashra, S. (2021). Managing Technological Innovations at Deki Electronics, Vision. (ABDC – ‘C’)
- Nittala, SSS, Bhardwaj, S.S., Tripathi, S.S. & Seif, H. (2021). Service Innovation enabled by Internet of Things & Cloud Computing – A Service-Dominant logic perspective, Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, Vol. 34, No. 4, pp.433-446. (ABDC – ‘B’)
- Bhatnagar, V. R., Jain, A. K., Tripathi, S. S. & Giga, S. (2020). Human Strengths: A Systematic conceptual review, conceptualising employee strengths at work and a framework for management development, Journal of Management Development, Vol. 40, No. 1, pp.1-22. (ABDC – ‘C’)
- Bhatnagar, V. R., Jain, A. K., Tripathi, S. S. & Giga, S. (2020). Beyond the competency frameworks – Conceptualising and deploying employee strengths at work Journal of Asia Business Studies, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp.691-705. (ABDC – ‘C’)
- Brahma, M., Tripathi, S. S. & Sahay, A. (2020). Developing Curriculum for Industry 4.0: Digital Workplaces, Higher Education, Skills & Work-based learning, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp.144-163. (ABDC – ‘C’)
- Brahma, M., Tripathi, S. S. (2020). Indian Society for Agribusiness Professionals: Helping Agripreneurs Innovate, Emerging Economies Cases Journal, Vol.2, No.1, pp.15-23, Sage Publications.
- Brahma, M. & Tripathi, S. S. (2018). Performance of Internal Corporate Ventures: the effect of team interactions and the absorptive capacity of the firm. International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management. Vol. 17, No.1, pp.35-66. Inderscience.
- Tripathi, S. S., & Brahma, M. (2017). Technology Entrepreneurship in Emerging Markets: An Exploration of Entrepreneurial Models Prevalent in India. Technology Innovation Management Review, 8(1): 24–32. DOI: http://doi.org/10.22215/timreview/1131 (ABDC - ‘C’)
- Brahma, M. & Tripathi, S. S. (2017). Conflict & cohesion in the team: Influence on absorptive capacity & performance of corporate ventures, European Journal of Business Research, Vol.17, No.2, pp.75-86.
- Tripathi, S. S. (2016). Open Innovation in Indian Organisations: Level of Collaboration. Technology Innovation Management Review, 6(5): 15-23. Published by Carleton University, Canada. (ABDC - ‘C’)
- Saurabh, P. & Tripathi, S. S. (2016). Support for New Product Development: Case Study of an Innovative Product ‘Tarang Pariwartak’. Journal of Management & Entrepreneurship, Vol.10, No.1, pp. 41-58.
- Tripathi, S. S. (2014). The Role of Managers as Agents in Successful Service Innovations. Technology Innovation Management Review, 4(8): 18–26. Published by Carleton University, Canada. (ABDC - ‘C’)
- Tripathi, S. S. (2014). Innovations in Indian Information Technology industry: A Case Study. Udaan: The International Journal of Management Research, Vol.2, No.2, pp.3-11.
- Tripathi, S. S., Guin, K. K. & De, S.K. (2013). A Framework of Innovation for Large Organisations in India: A Grounded Theory Approach. AFBE Journal, Issue 12, Vol.6, No.1, pp.1-19. Published by: Asian Forum on Business Education, Bangkok.
- Tripathi, S. S., Guin, K.K. & De, S.K. (2013). Product & Service Innovations in Large Organisations Operating in India: A Systems Approach. IUP Journal of Business Strategy. Vol.10, Issue 3, pp.32-52.
- Tripathi, S. S., Guin, K. K & De S. K. (2012). Critical Success factors for marketing a new product: An empirical investigation. Vidwat: The Indian Journal of Management, Vol. 5, Issue 2, pp.3-15.
- Tripathi, S. S. (2007). Corporate Social Responsibility: An Effective Tool of Gaining Mindshare of the Customer, IUP Journal of Corporate Governance, January Issue, IUP Publications. (ABDC - ‘C’)
- Sengupta, S., Tripathi, S.S. & Bhatnagar, J. (2022, Accepted). SunSource Energy: The Growth Conundrum. Richard Ivey Publishing.
- Ashra, S., Gupta, N. & Tripathi, S.S. (2019). Delhi Metro Airport Express Line: Making it Viable, Richard Ivey Publishing. (Product No.: 9B19M113)
- Pandit, R., Sharma, K. & Tripathi, S. S. (2019). Air France: The Load Factor Puzzle in Business Class, Richard Ivey Publishing. (Product No.: 9B19A032)
- Brahma, M. & Tripathi, S. S. (2017). Kritikal Solutions: The Big Leap. Richard Ivey Publishing. (Product No.: 9B17M118).
- Tripathi, S. S. & Sengupta, P. (2016). ISW Guns: Reviving an ancient sport. The Case Centre, UK. (Product No.: 316-0384-1).
- Gaurav, K. & Tripathi, S. S. (2016). Marketing of a Tollywood Film: The Case of Baahubali ‘The Beginning’. The Case Centre, UK. (Product No.: 516–0147-1).
- Selvaraj, A. & Tripathi, S. S. (2015). Global Aspirations of Micromax in Management 3.0: A Case Study Approach by Kunal Gaurav, Jitender Govindani, Ritu Zarar (Eds.), ICBM School of Business Excellence, Hyderabad (ISBN: 978-81924315-1-2)
- Tripathi, S. S., (2012). Tata Acquires Corus: A Case Study. Munich, GRIN Publishing GmbH. pp. 1-19. (ISBN Book: 978-3-656-26510-8, ISBN ebook: 978-3-656-26411-8).
- Menipaz, E., Menipaz, A. & Tripathi, S. S. (2017). International Business: Theory and Practice. Sage Publications, New Delhi. (ISBN: 978-938-644-6114).
- Tripathi, S. S. (2019). Failure of Service Innovations: Reasons and Remedies in Proceedings of the BMU International Innovation Conference 2016 by Davinder Singh & Nandita Choudhury (Eds.), Cambridge Scholars Publishing, USA, px-x. (ISBN: 978-1-5275-3510-7).
- Tripathi, S.S. & Mathew, B. (2019). Providing Safe Drinking Water to Ude Karan, in Human Resource Management for Organisational Sustainability by Radha R Sharma (Ed.), Business Expert Press, USA, p189-196. (ISBN: 978-19470-98039)
- Nittala, S.S.S., Bhardwaj, S. S. & Tripathi, S. S. (2019). Architecture & evolution of platform enabled by Internet of Things & Cloud, in Enterprise Architecture in the Digital Era by Anjali Kaushik & Prageet Aeron (Eds.), McMillan India, p183-194. (ISBN: 978-9388-82976)
- Brahma, M., Tripathi, S. S., Bijlani, S. (2018). New Venture Creation: From Gartner to the Present, in Foundational Research in Entrepreneurship Studies: Insightful Contributions and Future Pathways, by Javadian, G., Vishal K. Gupta, Dev K. Dutta, Grace Chun Guo, Arturo E. Osorio, Banu Ozkazanc-Pan (Eds.), p77-102, Palgrave Macmillan (Springer). DOI: http://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-73528-3
- Tripathi, S. S. (2016). Openness and diversity of Indian Boards: Does Internationalisation matter? in Innovative Management Solutions for Competitive Advantage by Shailendra Nigam & Soni Agarwal (Eds.), Excel India Publishers, pp 170-177 (ISBN-978-93-86-256-201).
- Tripathi, S S & De, S. K., (2008). Innovation as a tool of building competitive advantage at the bottom of the pyramid in Bottom of the Pyramid market in India: Insights & Experiences by Sisodiya, Amit Singh and Rao, Janardhan N (Eds.), ICFAI University Press. (ISBN: 978-81-3141-540-5).
- Gaurav, K & Tripathi, S S (2008). IT revolution and changing face of rural India, in Indian Rural Economy by Sohani, A K & Balakrishna, A V (Eds.), ICFAI University Press. (ISBN: 978-81-314-1587-0)
- Sengupta, A & Tripathi, S S (2007) “Marketing Strategies for SSIs that can be consequential for the rural consumers in immediate hinterland to cities”, in Entrepreneurship: Issues and Challenges, Jyoti, P. (Ed.), Allied Publishers, New Delhi, pp. 14-33. (ISBN: 978-81-8124-202-6).
- Tripathi, S. S. & Mathew, B. (2019). Sustainable Livelihood Models of Mobility in an Emerging Market, in the proceedings of XXX ISPIM Innovation Conference, Florence, June 16-19, to be published by Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland.
- Tripathi, S. S. (2019). Open Innovation in Emerging Market Firms: The International Imperative, paper presented in AIB-India Chapter Conference, Hyderabad.
- Tripathi, S. S. (2015). Open Service Innovation in Information Technology Services Industry, in the proceedings of XXVI ISPIM Innovation Conference, Budapest, June 14-17, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland. (ISBN: 978-952265-778-7). Also chaired a session on Open Innovation at the conference.
- Tripathi, S. S. (2013). Product and service innovations in Indian MNCs: Insights & experiences. Presented at India Special Conference organized by Strategic Management Society at Indian School of Business, Mohali, December 17-19. Also selected as a participant in the Junior Faculty Consortium amongst 16 faculty members from North America, Europe and Asia held on 19th December 2013, during the conference.
Book reviews, magazine articles
- Tripathi, S.S. (2018). Book Review of “Value Creation: The Definitive Guide for Business Leaders” by Gautam Mahajan, in Vision, published by Sage, 22(2), p239-240. (ABDC-‘C’)
- Tripathi, S. S. (2014). Case analysis of “Transforming a state-owned utility: The role of technology and leadership” by Meeta Dasgupta, A Sahay and R K Gupta. Vikalpa, 39(3): 129-131
- Tripathi, S. S. (2014). Ambidexterity in a VUCA World. IMI Konnect, 3(6): 4-5.
- Tripathi, S S (2013). Book Review of “Reverse Innovation” by Vijay Govindarajan & Chris Trimble in Udaan: The international journal of management research, Vol. 1, issue 1, 4p.
- Tripathi, S S & De, S. K. (2007). Leveraging Innovation for Corporate Entrepreneurship, Effective Executive, Special Issue on Corporate Entrepreneurship, April issue, pp.39-45. IUP Publications.
- Gaurav, K & Tripathi, S. S. (2007). RFID: A Novel tool for Market Research, Advertising Express, December Issue, IUP Publications.
Guidance of PhD (FPM/EFPM Completed/Awarded)
- Meenakshi Jakhar
- Mita Brahma
- Vikas Rai Bhatnagar
Conducted Training Programs for the following organisations:
- Allahabad Bank
- Bharat Electronics Limited
- Border Security Force
- Calcutta Electricity Supply Corporation (CESC)
- Central Reserve Police Force
- Directorate General Resettlement, Ministry of Defence
- Hindustan Copper Limited
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)
- Institution of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)
- Life Insurance Corporation of India
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Motorola India
- National Academy of Indian Railways
- Ordnance Factories Board
- Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited
- (2020) Evaluation of National Water Mission Scheme of Ministry of Jal Shakti
- (2020) Evaluation of Human Resource Development and Capacity Building Scheme of Ministry of Jal Shakti
- (2020) Evaluation of River Basin Management Scheme of Ministry of Jal Shakti
- (2020) Evaluation of Infrastructure Development Scheme of Ministry of Jal Shakti
- (2018-20) Development of Coffee Table books on 50 cities of Haryana for Department of Urban Local Bodies, Government of Haryana.
- (2017) Development of a 5 years Strategic Plan for Utility Powertech Limited (UPL), a Joint Venture between Reliance Infrastructure & NTPC Ltd.
- Perception mapping for a major Super-specialty and Multi-specialty hospital in Kolkata.
- Market research project titled “A Study of the Perceptions and Attitudes of people about a Retirement Village”.
- Competitive Intelligence project titled “A Survey of Invertor, Battery Market in India”.
- Project titled “Steel Market analysis of Sub-Saharan African countries”.