Prof. Sangeeta is Professor Information Management Area, MDI. She is M.SC (Maths), M.M.S. (Master of Management Studies), M.E.(Systems and Information) and Ph.D. from BITS, Pilani.
Presently heading MDI Gurgaon as Acting Director.
She has also held position of Dean Executive Education, Dean Administration, Quality and Compliance, and Chairperson Digital Infrastructure. As Dean (AQC) she is leading projects related to National and International accreditation. As Chairperson Digital Infrastructure, she has successfully implemented Oracle Peoplesoft ERP at MDI , RFID project of Library , Document Management System, RFID project of Fixed Assets etc. She has served as jury member for evaluating the Digital transformation projects of public sector enterprises and served as Member Board of Studies , USMS GGSIP University
She has researched extensively in the area of IT Outsourcing / BPO, emerging technologies and knowledge management. Her Case “Can Work From Home Policy Hurt Employee Morale?, was published in HBR April 2015.She has researched extensively in the area of IT Outsourcing / BPO, emerging technologies and knowledge management. She has more than 50 publications in international and national (EJIS¸ BPMJ¸ Vikalpa etc.) journals. She has developed cases related to cloud computing, business process management, IT outsourcing etc.
She teaches courses in AI Intelligence and Machine Learning with the objective to prepare students to provide AI leadership in organizations.
She also teaches Business Development in IT and Agile Project Management to prepare the students to take up challenging consulting assignments in IT organization for the client
Another area of her teaching interest is Digital HR where students are taught about the technologies in HR function and how the technology is changing the face of HR function from ERP driven HRIS to data driven and AI driven Digital HR.
She has researched extensively in the area of IT Outsourcing / BPO, emerging technologies and knowledge management. Selected Research publications are given below
- Lal, Prerna and Sangeeta Shah Bharadwaj (2020). "Understanding the Drivers of Cloud-Based Service Adoption and Their Impact on the Organizational Performance: An Indian Perspective." JGIM 28.1, 56-85.
- Simona Sternad Zabukovšek, Sangeeta Shah Bharadwaj , Samo Bobek and Tjaša Štrukelj (2019), Technology acceptance model-based research on differences of enterprise resources planning systems use in India and the European Union , Engineering Economics, Vol 30, No 3,326-338
- Raman, Aparna, Bharadwaj, Sangeeta Shah, Mukherjee Jaydeep (2018), Developing SOA Enabled Service Agility Capabilities : Case Studies in Services Industry , International Journal of Business Information) System, Vol 27, No.1.
- Raman, Aparna, Bharadwaj, Sangeeta Shah (2017), Dynamic service capabilities enabling agile services : Scale development and initial validation in Indian services industry, Journal of Enterprise Information Management 30:1 , 166-187.
- Sangeeta Shah Bharadwaj, Sumedha Chauhan and Aparna Raman (2015), “Impact of Knowledge Management Capabilities on Knowledge Management Effectiveness in Indian Organizations”,Vikapla 40(4), 1-14.
- Sangeeta Shah Bharadwaj (2015), “Can a Work-from-Home Policy Hurt Morale?”, Harvard Business Review, April 2015.
- Sangeeta S Bharadwaj, K B C Saxena, Halemane Murthy (2010), Building Successful relationship in business process outsourcing : An Exploratory Study, European Journal of Information Systems, 19, 168-180.
- Sangeeta Shah Bharadwaj and K B C Saxena and (2009), Building winning relationship in Business Process Outsourcing services, Industrial Management and Data Systems, 109(7),993-1011.
She has done consultancy for organization where she has help them prepare IT Roadmap and Detail Project Feasibility Report of implementing ERP and implementing IT transformation Project.
She has also worked extensively with BPO companies where she identified the training needs of middle level BPO managers, developed and delivered training programs for large BPO companies.