Lead - GP Placements & Faculty In-charge PGDM-IB
Dr. Kirti Sharma holds a Ph.D. in Marketing and Services Management with emphasis on Consumer Perceptions and Satisfaction. She has held various teaching and administrative responsibilities during her academic tenure. She is currently Lead GP Placements and Faculty In-charge Post Graduate Diploma in Management - International Business (PGDM-IB).
She is having 21 years of rich Teaching, Training, Research and Consulting experience in academia. She has worked for 4 years in Industry before joining academics. Her research interests are Consumer behaviour, Healthcare marketing, Advertising and Technology in marketing.
She offers courses and sessions on topics like Marketing Practices and Implementation, Consumer Behaviour, Integrated Marketing Communication, Consumer Engagement, Consumer Centric Marketing, International Marketing and Data Driven Marketing.
She is a visiting professor to Institute of International Marketing Management Visiting Lecturer, Institute of International Marketing Management WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business), Austria since 2018.
At MDI, apart from teaching, research and training she has collaborated with Govt. of Haryana Directorate of Urban Local Bodies as a consultant for marketing communication and content development for Smart Cities in the State of Haryana, India. Furthermore, she has completed multiple assignments in the capacity of a consultant to Government of India’s Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) on the evaluation of Prime Minister’s Employment generation programme (PMEGP scheme). She is an Honorary consultant to Khadi and Village Industries (KVIC) for advising on marketing of KVIC products. She has been working on multiple projects with Ministry of Jal Shakti, Department of Water Resources, River development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
She has taken training sessions in on-campus and in-company MDPs conducted for executives across private and government organizations.
Three (3) FPM/EFPM (PhD) in consumer behaviour and healthcare marketing have been successfully completed under her supervision and presently one FPM (Ph.D.) thesis is in-process under his guidance.
She has published six (6) cases with IVEY Publishing and many research papers in ABDC/Scopus listed Journals.
- Awarded the Recognition of Excellence ‘Winner’ - Organizational Frontline Young Scholar at American Marketing Association Winter - Academic Conference, Nashville, USA (2023)
- Awarded ‘women entrepreneur’ of the year by Bharat Nirman for brilliance in the field of education(Marketing)
- Honorary consultant with KVIC, MSME, Govt. of India
- Member of Communication Committee of Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation (MOSPI), Govt. of India
- Jury member of Nasscom Disruptech Pitch 2019
- Mentor at UIncept Startup Incubator
• Post Graduate Programmes: Marketing Practices and Implementation, Consumer Behaviour, Advertising Management- An IMC perspective, International Marketing Decisions, Data driven marketing
• Executive Education: International Marketing, Data Driven marketing
• FPM/EFP: Advances in Marketing Management, Theories and research in Consumer Behaviour
Visiting Professor at International Marketing Institute, WU, Vienna, Austria
- Marketing in Emerging Markets
- Global Marketing Communication
- Sharma, K., Trott, S., Sahadev S, Singh, R. (2023), “Emotions and Consumer Behavior: A Review and Research Agenda”, International Journal of Consumer Studies, Early view 10th April, ABDC ‘A’
- Behl, A., Kamboj, S., Sarmah, B., Pereira, V., Sharma, K., Rammal, H., and Arrigo, E. (2023), " Customer involvement and servitization in hybrid offerings: Moderating role of digitalization and co-creation", International Marketing Review, Ahead-of-print, ABDC ‘A’
- Roy, S., Sharma, K. and Choudhary, S. (2022), "I “showroom” but “webroom” too: investigating cross-shopping behaviour in a developing nation", International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, Vol. 50, Issue 12, pp. 1475-1493. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJRDM-05-2021-0222. ABDC ‘A’ PDF: https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/IMR-06-2021-0194/full/pdf?title=employing-machine-learning-for-capturing-covid-19-consumer-sentiments-from-six-countries-a-methodological-illustration
- Schlegelmilch, Bodo; Sharma, Kirti; Garg, Sambbhav (2021) Employing Machine Learning for Capturing COVID-19 Consumer Sentiments from Six Countries: A Methodological Illustration ; Paper accepted on 12 Nov 2021 in International Marketing Review; ABDC ‘A’
- Danani S.N, Gogan J.L, Aeron P, Sharma K, Jaiswal M P (2022) How Do Digital Market Platform Hosts Exercise Control Over Sellers? Journal of Electronic Commerce in Organizations Vol. 20 Issue 2. pp. 1–18. https://doi.org/10.4018/JECO.300298, ABDC ‘B’
- Gupta A, Sharma K, Srivastava R. (2021) Systematic Literature Review on Importance of Limited Resource Model in Health-oriented Behaviours. Vision. May 2021. doi:10.1177/0972262921999867
- Ruparel, N., Choubisa, R., Sharma, K. et al. (2020), Assessing the psychometric properties of cultural intelligence scale among Indian employees.Current Psychology, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12144-020-00814-0 ; Scopus ‘A’
- Urban Šebjan, SamoBobek, Kirti Sharma PolonaTominc (2016), ‘Measuring acceptance of CRM analytical tools with organizational factors’, IMT Case Journal, Vol.6, No.1&2, July 2015-June 2016, ISSN No.2229-6743, pp-9-16.
- JelenaHorvat, Kirti Sharma, SamoBobek (2016), ‘Key factors for knowledge management: Pilot Study in IT SME’s”, FIIB Business Review, Vol.5 Issue 3
- JelenaHorvat, Kirti Sharma, SamoBobek (2015), ‘Knowledge sharing and performance appraisal of employees: A pilot case study’, Review of Integrative Business and Economic Research, Vol.4 (3), pp 62-73.
- Ashavaree Das, Kirti Sharma (2015), 'Maternal health services-facilitating access in low-resource settings', Advances in economics and business management(AEBM), Vol.2, issue13: july-sept, 2015, pp 1258-1263
- Sharma Kirti (2014), ‘Empirical Study of factors affecting the value of telecom services: Exploring telecom services value model’ Our Economy, Journal of Contemporary issues in Economics and Busines,Vol 60, No. 3-4, pp-26-33.ISSN 0547-3101
- Sternad S., Sharma K, Bobek S. (2014), ‘Attitudes of SMEs towards business solution implementation- empirical survey’, American Journal of Economics and Control Systems Management, Vol.4, No.2, pp-24-29; ISSN 2377-6290
- BobekSamo and Sharma Kirti (2014), ‘Measuring Sustainability of companies with enterprise sustainability planning solutions (ESP)’, Sankalpa: Journal of Management and Research, Vol.4, July-Dec 2014; ISSN No. 2231-1904
- Suneja Ajay, Sharma Kirti (2009), “Factors influencing choice of a life insurance company.” LBS Journal of Management & Research, Vol.VII, Jun-Dec 2009, No.1 & 2, ISSN No. 0972-8031.
- Suneja Ajay, Sharma Kirti (2009), “Pre-Purchase Behaviour regarding Life insurance products”, The Journal of Indian Management and Strategy 8M, Vol.14, No.3, Jul-Sept. 2009 Print ISSN No. : 0973-9335; Online ISSN: 0973-9343
- Sharma Kirti, Kumar Rupali (2005) , “Enhancing competitive advantage : Role of Training & Human Resource Development” JIM Quest, A Journal of Management & Technology, April-Sept. 2005, ISSN No. 0975-6280
- Sharma Kirti (2004),“Rightsizing - Assessing Human Resource Planning.” BVIMR Management Edge, Vol.2, July 2004, ISSN No. 0976-0431
- “Astraeye Pharma Pvt Ltd.: An Unsettling Dilemma” Case and TN Published by IVEY Publishing on 27th March 2023, Product Code W31074 and W31075.
- “Air France: The load factor puzzle in business class” Case and TN Published by IVEY Publishing on 23rd July 2019, Product Code 9B19A032 and 8B19A032.
- ‘Dulux Tileshield: Relaunching a Brand’ Case and TN Published with IVEY Publishing on 28th February 2017, Product Code 9B17A008.
- ‘Bimra 4x4: The Growth Dilemma’ Case and TN Published with IVEY Publishing on 18th April 2016, Product Code W16221.
- ‘Housing.com: Marketing a service offering’ Case and TN Published with IVEY Publishing on 25th April 2016, Product Code W16234,
- Social Sector Engagement: Sustainable Marketing Strategy (Case and TN) The case Centre (514-011-1 and 514-011-8) March 2014, Available at www.thecasecentre.org
- “Flora Design Academy: A Success Story?” A Case Study published with European Case Clearing Centre, Reference No. 808-028-1
Book Chapter Published
- Dhal, A., Selvaraj, A. & Sharma, K.(2019). Examining Consumer Perceived Attitude and Satisfaction of Using Chatbots and its effect on Brand Trust and Loyalty intention in Food Delivery Apps in India: The Moderating Role of Perceived Risk. In A. Kaushik(Ed.) & P. Aeron(Ed.) Enterprise Architecture in the Digital Era (pp. 261-273). Gurgaon, India: Macmillan Education.
- Sharma Kirti, SelvarajArvind(2017), “Social Marketing strategies to prevent fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD): Comparison of East and West World”, Management Insight, DBH Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi.
- Sharma Kirti, Mukherjee Jaydeep and Gupta Mukul P (2015), ‘Customer voices incorporated in a Marketing class: A review’ in Book Managing in Recovering Markets by Springer; ISSN 2198-7246, ISBN 987-81-322-1978-1
- Sharma Kirti, Mathew George Sunil and Selvaraj Arvind (2015), ‘Consumer Behavior in recovering Markets: An essay on the effects of perceptions and pace of recovery’ inby Victorious Publishers (India); ISBN 978-93-84224-28-8
- Sharma Kirti, Das Ashavaree(2014), ‘Online Health information seeking behaviour: A Literature review’ in the Book Social media marketing: Emerging concepts and Applications, Published by Excel Books; ISBN 978-93-5062-539-2
- Bindu Chhabra, Kirti Sharma (2012), “Person-Job Fit: It’s impact on job satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and turnover intention”, in Enhancing The People Factor Human Resource Issues and Challenges, Published by Narosa Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., ISBN 978-81-8487-211-8
- Ajay Suneja, Kirti Sharma (2005),“Marketing Orientation in Life Insurance Services: Post-Privatization Developments in India”, Enhancing Global Business Competitiveness, Published by Wisdom Publications, Delhi, August 2005, ISBN 81-89547-03-8
- Ajay Suneja, Kirti Sharma, Ritu Bajaj (2006), “Infrastructure for Tourism in India”, International Tourism : Issues and Challenges, Published by Kanishka Publishers; Distributors, New Delhi, ISBN 81-7391-833-3
- Sharma E., & Sharma, K. (2023), Patient Journey Map and Intervention Points for Chronic Disease. 2023, AMA Winter Academic Conference, Marketing During Times of Change, Proceedings, Volume 34. American Marketing Association.
- “Determinants of Online Health Information Seeking Behavior (OHISB) For Preventive Health among working Executives in Emerging Markets”, JAMS India Conference, Indian School of Business, 26-28 April, 2018.
- “Acceptance and Adoption of Wearable Technologies and Its impact on Self Care and Public Health: An Exploratory Study”, International Conference on Responsible Marketing, XLRI, Jamshedpur, 23-24 Jan, 2017.
- “Maternal health services-facilitating access in low-resource settings”, Advances in economics and business management, World Congress on Advance Management Practises in Business, Banking Economics, E-Commerce, Marketing and Tourism, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 26th -27th Sep 2015.
- “Attitudes toward E-Shop Web Sites- A Pilot Research Studies”, 17th International EBES Conference, Venice, 15th - 17th Oct 2015.
- “Knowledge Sharing and Performance Appraisal of Employees: A Pilot study”, Interdisciplinary Business and Economics Research, SIBR-THAMASAT 2015 Conference, Thailand, 4th – 6th June 2015.
- “Consumer Behaviour is Recovering Markets: An Essay on Effects of Perceptions and Pace of Recovery”, National Seminar on Strategies for Business Excellence in Global Era, Kurukshetra University, 21 March 2015.
- “Attitudes toward Knowledge Management: Pilot Study in IT SMEs”, Eurasia Business and Economics society, Lisbon, Portugal, 8-10 Jan 2015.
- “Online Health Information Seeking Behaviour: A Literature Review”, International Conference on Social Media Marketing, ITC Gardenia, Bangalore, 25th -26th July 2014.
- “Customer voices incorporated in a Marketing class: A review’, Global Conference on Managing in Recovering Markets: A Review”, Management Development Institute, Gurgaon, 5th – 7th March 2014.
- Paper Presented in International Conference on Research in Marketing 2013, IIT Delhi, 21st- 22nd Dec 2013.
- “Person-Job Fit: Its Impact on Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Turnover Intention”, National Conference on enhancing People Factor: HR Issues and Challenges, University School of Management Studies, GGSIPU, Delhi, 24 – 25 Feb 2012.
- Paper presented in International Conference on Marketing on Shaping the Future of Research in Marketing in Emerging Economies: Looking Ahead, IIM Lucknow-Noida Campus, 12th - 14th Jan 2012.
- “Determinants of Outdoor Advertising Effectiveness in Delhi NCR: An Empirical Study”, Workshop on Delhi and Urban India in Visual Cultures, Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi, Delhi, 8th – 9th Jan 2012.
- “Studying Ethical Judgements and Behavioural Intentions: A Study in the Indian context”, National Seminar on India Business through Ages, FMS, University of Delhi, Delhi, 12-13 Dec 2011.
- “Work Life Balance: A Challenge in the Era of globalization”, National Seminar on India Business through Ages, FMS, University of Delhi, Delhi, 12th - 13th Dec 2011.
- “Visualizing Visuals in Print Advertising: A Case of Indian Magazine and News-Paper Advertisements”, CISCA Workshop, Visuals Cultures in Contemporary India, Cisca: Contemporary India Study Centre Aarhus, 8th – 9th Dec 2011.
- Factors Influencing Consumer Satisfaction in Life Insurance Services- An Empirical Study of Delhi & National Capital Region, National Conference on Business strategies For Emerging Market, Sinhgad Institute of Business Administration and Computer Application, Pune, 25th - 27th Feb 2011.
- “Knowledge Management”, International Conference of Management, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, 1st – 4th Jan, 2006
- “Customer Relationship Management through Innovative Marketing” International conference on Managing New Technologies, Cultures and Business in a Borderless World, Jagan Institute of Management Studies, 28th Oct 2005.
- “Privatization in the Insurance Services Sector in India: Through the Years and Beyond”, International Seminar on Changing Scenario of Services Marketing in the Era of Globalization, Rajiv Academy for Technology and Management, Mathura, 24th – 26th Feb 2005.
- Paper Presented in International Conference in Enhancing Global Business Competitiveness, Integrated Academy of Management & Technology (Inmantec), Ghaziabad, 13th Oct 2004.
- “Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility”, National Seminar on Issues and Challenges in Contemporary Management, Kurukshetra University, 29th – 30th April 2004.
Articles in Newspaper
- Article published in Pioneer “B Schools have to be millennia ready” on 3rd April 2019.
- Article published in Financial Express titled “Teach Like a Gurukula” on 10th November 2014.
- ‘Role of B-Schools in Creating Diplomacy’, Indian Management, the Journal of All India Management Association May 2013, 52(5)
She has conducted training programmes for companies like BPCL, IOCL, PNB, LIC of India, Axis Bank, Canara Bank, Nepal Banking Academy, KVIC/KVIB-MSME, GOI, Engineers India Limited, MSME, Canon India, Indian Army, Department of Science and Technology, Jindal Stainless, BSES, Indian Forest Services, HPCL, Greenply Industries, Mother Dairy, etc.
She conducts customized training as per the needs of clients. Her key areas of training are:
• Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning applications in Marketing
• Sentiment Analysis
• Data driven marketing
• Customer engagement and customer experience
- Completed an assignment as Project leader, Editor and content writer to Govt. of Haryana Dept. of Urban Local Bodies, Panchkula for Printing, concept development and research of 50 Coffee Table Books (2018-2020)
- Completed a consulting assignment for Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Govt. of India ‘Evaluation of Prime Minster’s Employment generation programme in the 8 states of North East (2019 - March 2020)
- Completed a consulting assignment for Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Govt. of India ‘Evaluation of Prime Minster’s Employment generation programme’ (PMEGP scheme: A National Level study.(2017-2018)
- Completed Evaluation of Central sector schemes-Package B: Non-Technical schemes of the Department of Water resources, RD & GR-reg - River Basin Management as Project Leader (Oct 2020 - Nov 2021) for MOWR, GOI.
- Completed Evaluation of Central sector schemes-Package B: Non-Technical schemes of the Department of Water resources, RD & GR-reg – Infrastructure Development as Project Leader (Oct 2020 - Nov 2021) for MOWR, GOI.
- Completed Evaluation of Central sector schemes-Package B: Non-Technical schemes of the Department of Water resources, RD & GR-reg – HRM and Capacity Building as Project Leader (Oct 2020 - Nov 2021) for MOWR, GOI.
- Completed Evaluation of Central sector schemes-Package B: Non-Technical schemes of the Department of Water resources, RD & GR-reg – National Water Mission as Project Leader (Oct 2020 - Nov 2021) for MOWR, GOI.