Assistant Professor, Marketing
Chairperson - Marketing Area
Phone : +91-124-4560181
Prof. Ritu Srivastava is a Ph.D. in Marketing Management. The topic of her thesis is Evaluation of Relationship Marketing in Financial Services in India. An academician by heart, Prof. Srivastava firmly believes that management education goes beyond classroom and includes various components on industry interaction, social outreach and research and development. She has nine years of experience across education and industry cutting across teaching, research and consulting activities.
Teaching – 15 years (Marketing Management, Services Marketing, Retail Marketing, International Marketing, E Business, Communication)
Areas of Interest: Services Marketing, Strategic Management, Educational Planning and Administration
• Rank Holder in Master of Corporate Management Course
• Best Paper; International Marketing Conference Fore School of Management; “Reinventing Marketing for Emerging Markets” Nov 28-30, 2013.
• Best Paper; National Seminar on Rural Marketing at College of Agribusiness Management, G.B. Pant University of Technology and Agriculture, Pantnagar. March 2005.
Post Graduate programmes: Marketing Practices and Implementation, Retailing and Franchising, Service Quality
Executive Education: Advertising Management, Integrated Marketing Communication,
Public Policy Marketing
- Srivastava R; Understanding the Customer Value Enablers for retail Formats, Pratibimba, Vol 16, No. 1, Jan-July 2016
- Srivastava R and Saxena S; Private Label Perception of Customers: Effects of Socio Demographic Variables, Management Insight, Vol 11, No. 2, December 2015
- Srivastava R;Private Label Motivators and Product Category Association: An Empirical Study, Ushus - Journal of Business Management. Christ University, Bangalore, Vol. 14, N0. 3,July-December 2015
- Srivastava R; Exploring Product Category and Promotion Type Association for Impulse Buying in Malls in India, Abhigyan, Vol.31No.3, Oct-Dec 2013
- Srivastava R; The Role of Front Line Service Employee in Select Service Industries in India, Ushus - Journal of Business Management. Christ University, Bangalore Oct - Dec 2013
- Srivastava R; Book Review; Management Essentials: A Recipie for Business Success, Vision Vol 18, Issue 1, March 2014
- Srivastava R; Motivators for Online Retail in India: Closing the Gaps, Pratibimba, Vo 14, Issue 2, July-December 2014
- Srivastava R; Customer Satisfaction-Loyalty link in Indian Online Retail, Management Insight, Vol 10, Issue 2, December 2014
- Srivastava R; Employee Actions that lead to Customer Satisfaction: services revisited in India, 2014, Academic Reference Series –Reinventing Marketing for Emerging Markets, Bloomsbury India, 2014
- Srivastava R; The business case for Social responsibility in India, Center for Education Growth and Research Newsletter, Vol II, Issue III, 2013
- Srivastava, R., Why does the service hurt? Doctor, 2012 European Case Clearing House
- Srivastava, R., Skill Oriented Vocational Education In India: Assessing The Case Of Downstream Plastic Processing Sector Using The Service Quality Framework, September 2011, International Journal Of Business Economcs and Research, Vol2, Issue 1. February 2012.
- Srivastava, R., Responsible Management Education For The Globalized World: Question Or Question Mark?, February 2011 AIMA Journal of Management and Research, Volume:5 Issue:4
- Srivastava, R., Managing Turnaround And Transformation: The Tata Motors Way, Excel Books, 2007
- Srivastava, R., Rural India: Collaborating For Overall Economic Development, Kurukshetra, Volume 54, No. 8, June 2006
- Srivastava, R., Voicecom Mobile Communications, Management Today, Volume 5, Issue1, February 2005
- Srivastava, R., Relationship Marketing: The ICICI Way, Management Dynamics, Vol. 5, No.1, 2005
- Purwar. P., Srivastava, R., Relationship Marketing Vs. Services Marketing: the Siamese Twins Face Each Other, GGU Journal of Business, Vol 1, No. 1, January 2005
- Kumar, K., and Srivastava, R., A Study of Indian Joint Ventures Abroad, Vision, Volume 7, No.1,April – June 2003
- Kumar, K., and Srivastava, R.: Scooters India Ltd., Vikalpa, Vol. 26, No. 2, April – June 2001
CASES / BOOK CHAPTERS
- 515-069-01 Marketing Higher Education: The Case of State University in India,
- 515-070-1 EdCIL India Ltd.
- 515-127-1 DJ &C: PRIVATE LABEL OR PRIVATE BRAND
- 515-099-1 Value Creation through Social Innovation: Jaipur Rugs,India
- 515-182-1 Servicing the Customer: Does it matter?
- 515-182-1 Kendriya Bhandaar
- 314-125-113 Managing Growth in Higher Education Institutions
- 514-037-1 Institutions Calling: Customer at the Doorstep
- 313-221-1 The Fun of Case Writing (A)
- 313-222-1 The Fun of Case Writing (B)
- Why does the service hurt?
- R, Relationship Marketing: A Progressive And Proactive Tool In Strategic Response To Environmental Changes, Chapter in a book on Creating Competitive Advantage, Gurukul Kangri University.
- Developed the Training Module on Marketing Management for SMEs at SME Center, IIFT, New Delhi.
As a management practitioner I been working closely the Indian services sector including Telecom, Banking and Retailing across marketing functions including Communication Strategies. She has successfully conducted programmes for organizations such as Vodafone, Bharat Electronics Ltd., Indian Oil Ltd., Indian Armed Forces, DGET and LIC (India). She can develop customized training programmes in the areas of;
Customer Relationship Management
Marketing Communication including New Age Media
• Preparation of Long Range Plan for Corporate Social Responsibility in EdCIL
• ADB Loan Project; ICT in Basic Education, Uzbekistan, for Government of Uzbekistan
• DPR for Establishment of National Education Finance Corporation, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India
• DPR for Upgradation of Delhi Institute of Tourism and Travel Management, Delhi Travel and Tourism Development Corporation
• DPR for Upgradation of Cotton College, Government of Assam
• DPR for Establishment of Women’s University, Government of Assam
• DPR for Establishment of IB School in Maharashtra
• DPR for Establishment of DAV University at Greater Noida
• Evaluation Study of Japanese ODA Loan fro Scholarships for Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India
• Development of a Strategy for Development of International Training Partnerships with The Foundation for Education Partnerships (TFEP), U.K.
• Expansion of Film and Television Institute of India, Pune for Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India.
• Preparation of Service rules, Acts and Statutes for Deenbandhu Chotturam University of Science and Technology, Haryana
• Converting Indian Institute of Mass Communication into an International Media University, New Delhi for Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India
• Feasibility Study for Development of a Suitable Course Curricula for Development of Low End Skills in the Downstream Plastic Processing Sector for the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
• Feasibility Study on ‘Scheme of National Awards for Technology Innovation in Various Fields of the Petrochemicals and Downstream Plastic Processing Industry’
• DPR for Establishment of Bajaj International University for Bajaj Allianz Group
• DPR for Establishment of Women’s Open University in the State of Haryana for BPSMV
• DPR for Establishment of Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs for the Ministry of Corporate Affairs