Sangeeta Shah Bharadwaj
Professor, Information Management
Dean - Executive Graduate Programmes, Computer Centre, Website & ERP
Phone : +91-124-4560308
Dr Sangeeta has M.Sc (Hons) Mathematics and Master of Management Studies from Birla Institute of Technology and Science¸ Pilani. She also has M.E. (Systems and Information) and Ph.D.(Management) from BITS¸ Pilani. Dr Sangeeta started her career at BITS ¸ Pilani and was Group Leader¸ Management Group¸ BITS¸ Pilani. Dr Sangeeta has rich industry experience. She has worked as software engineer in a finance and insurance sector company. She has successfully run an entrepreneurial venture for four years. Dr Sangeeta has more than 20 years of teaching¸ research and Industry experience. She has held positions of Area Chairperson¸ Information Management Area¸ Web-in-charge¸ Chairperson Alumni and Co-ordination Admissions. Currently she is Chairperson Admissions.
Her teaching interest are Management of IT Projects¸ Knowledge Management¸ Management Information System and Business Process Management. She has researched extensively in the area of IT Outsourcing and has the book entitled¸ “Business Process Outsourcing: for Strategic Advantage” to her Credit (co-author). She has published in international and national (EJIS¸ BPMJ¸ Vikalpa etc.) journals and is presently guiding doctoral thesis in IT outsourcing and knowledge management. She has developed cases which are now available through Harvard¸ Ivey and ACRC (Asia Case Research Center) publishing sites.
Dr Sangeeta has conducted Primavera and MS-Project training for ONGC¸ NTPC¸ NHPC¸ UNICEF and SRF managers. She has conducted training programs for BPO managers in leading BPO companies and has developed a simulation game in the BPO context which challenges participant to explore FTE based costing¸ Log-in-based costing and Transaction based costing¸ take decisions in competitive environment and evaluate and analyze the impact of the same on company’s financial statements. She has developed another Simulation game for training in IT Project Management which embraces concepts like function Point analysis¸ COCOMO¸ RUP Mbase Iterative Incremental Development methodology¸ project costing and budgeting¸ project resource planning and risk management¸ project monitoring and control¸ earned value reporting
During her career spanning 20 years in academics, Prof Sangeeta has taught following courses at post gardaute level
Management of IT Projects
Management Information System
Business Development for IT Organizations
Business Process Management
IT for Managers
Management of Outsourced IT Projects
Business Agility and IT Services
Humen Resources Information System
She has also enagaged following courses at garduate level
Database Management Systems
Latest Publications in International / National Journals (refereed)
1. Nakul Gupta, Sangeeta Shah Bharadwaj, (2013) "Agility in Business School Education through Richness and Reach: A Conceptual Model", Education + Training, Vol. 55 Iss: 4/5
2.Sangeeta S Bharadwaj and K B C Saxena (2010),Exploring Service Providers’ Competences in Business Process Outsourcing for Delivering Successful Outcome: An exploratory Study,Vikalpa, 35(3), 37-53.
2. Sangeeta S Bharadwaj, K B C Saxena, Halemane Murthy (2010),Building Successful relationship in business process outsourcing : An Exploratory Study, European Journal of Information Systems, 19, 168-180.
3. Sangeeta Shah Bharadwaj and K B C Saxena and (2009), Building winning relationship in Business Process Outsourcing services, Industrial Management and Data Systems, 109(7),993-1011.
4. K B C Saxena and Sangeeta Shah Bharadwaj (2009), Managing Business process through outsourcing: A strategic partnering perspective, Business Process Management Journal, 15(5), 687-715.
5. Niranjan T T , Saxena K B C and Bharadwaj Sangeeta S (2007), Process oriented Taxonomy of BPOs: An exploratory Study, Business Process Management Journal, Vol 13, 4, 588-606
6. Bharadwaj S.S. and Saxena KBC (2006) Impacting the Processes of Global Software Teams: A Communication Technology Perspective, Vision – Journal of Business Perspective, Vol. 10, No.4, October-December.
1. Aparna Raman and Sangeeta Shah Bharadwaj (2013) , Sapient Consulting: Enriching Experience Using Hybrid Agile approach( with teaching notes), Available at IVEY Case Publishing site and Harvard Case Publishing.
2. Sumedha Chauhan and Sangeeta Shah Bharadwaj (2013) ,Vinsun Infra Engineering: ERP on premise or on Cloud( with teaching notes), Available at IVEY Case Publishing site and Harvard Case Publishing
3. Ashok Mishra and Sangeeta Shah Bharadwaj (2013) , Working from home : Curse or boon? A case study of KNPO company, (with teaching notes), Available at IVEY Case Publishing site and Harvard Case Publishing
4. Arup Das, Sangeeta Shah Bharadwaj and Kate Kaiser (2009), Managing Customer Relationships in Offshore Outsourcing: A Case Study of an Israeli Consulting Firm Issue( with teaching Notes) . Available at IVEY Case Publishing site and Harvard Case Publishing
5. Osscube: leveraging external knowledge ( with teaching Notes) Co-author (2009)
6. Yadav Vanita, Bharadwaj Sangeeta Shah, Saxena K B C ( 2006). Tecnovate: Challenges of Business Process Outsourcing. Available at the site of Harvard Publishing and Asia Case Research Center ( with teaching notes)
7. Sangeeta Shah Bharadwaj, C V Baxi, Yashashree Gurjar (2004), “ CSR at BILT: Relating to Stakeholders for Creating a Sustained Positive Impact”, published in a book with teaching notes
1.Business Process Outsourcing As Strategic Partnering, Building Win-Win Relationship Between Indian Service Provider And European Client, Excel Book, 2008 ( Co-author)
2.Business Process Outsourcing For Strategic Advantage, Excel Books, 2007 (Co-author)