Professor, Human Resource Management
Chairperson - Alumni Relations
Phone : +91-124-4560179
Prof. (Dr.) Jyotsna Bhatnagar Professor in Human Resource Management at Management Development Institute Gurgaon, PhD from IIT Delhi, Prof. Bhatnagar completed GCPCL at Harvard Business School, Boston USA and is an Harvard Business School affiliate. A Masters in Psychology from Lucknow University she launched her academic career at IIM-Ahmedabad in 1990, and has over fifteen years of corporate and academic experience. With MDI, since, 2004, Prof Bhatnagar, offers Talent Management, HRM, SHRM and HRIS modules at MDI. At MDI, Jyotsna received Excellence in Research Award, 2013-2014; the Best Faculty Award, Students Choice-PGHR-2011; Excellence in Teaching Award-2008. The Best Faculty award student's choice (PG 2004-2006). Best Research Paper for Practical Implications, 2009-Emerald Literati, UK at AOM Conference, Montréal , Canada, 2010.
EXPERIENCE: 20 years
ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE: 19 years
• 1997 Manager, Corporate HRD, Escorts CorporateCentre, Faridabad,, Reporting to VP-HR, Mr. P.N. Shukla & G.M.HR
• *Established Trg.Centre and Assessment Centre
• *Conducted & Designed Trg.Progs .on
• Performance Mgt.
• Leadership & Motivation
• Change Mgt. For VP’s Gen. Mgrs., Mgrs,
• *Induction prog, G.E.T.’s & MT’s
AFFILIATION AND MEMBERSHIP
1. 2015-4th IAM Conference Advisory Committee Member , 4th Indian Academy of Management Conference held at I.I.M Lucknow in Dec 2015
2. 2013-Scientific Academic committee member, 3rd Indian Academy of Management Conference 12th-14th Dec 2013,I.I.M Ahmedabad
3. 2013-Co-Guest editor-Special Issue-International Journal of HRM on HRM and Innovation in Different Contexts: Emerging Patterns, Challenges and Research Agenda
4. 2012-Nominated as advisory board member of International HRM Conference Committee, by conference secretariat in Queensland University of Technology, Australia, University of Limerick, Ireland, and Aston Business School, UK
5. 2010-2012-Elected as Board Member Asian Academy of Management Affiliated to Academy of Management , USA
6. Founder member, Indian Academy of Management, (Treasurer), Assisted in organizing the First Conference at XLRI-Jamshedpur, December 2009
7. Member of Academy of Management, USA 2008 onwards (OD /Career Divisions)
8. Member of North American Case Research Association (NACRA) 2005-onwards
9. Life Member-Indian Society For Training and Development-2004 Onwards
10. Life Member –National HRD Network, India
11. Editorial Board Member, South Asian Journal of Management
12. Editorial Board Member-Industrial and commercial training, (Emerald Journal) since 2006.
WORKSHOPS & PROGRAMS
1. 2015-EXL, Noida Campus WORKSHOP Innovation in Business Management, 29th Nov 2015
2. 2015-Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd, Leadership, Team Building Decision making and Problem solving One day Workshops, Feb,2014 and July 2015
3. *2014-ONGC Creative leadership programme, jointly offered with IIM-Bangalore, at ONGC ACADEMY, DEHRADUN, India for senior and middle management.
4. *2013 to 2015-Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) Career Transition workshop for Executive Directors about to retire.
5. 2014-DSCL-Consultant for a day long workshop on Assessment of Talent management, 18th Jan 2014.
6. *2013-2011,Principal Consultant- Samsung Performance Management workshop, March 13th &15th 2013, April-6th-7th 2011
Institutional Building/Leadership Roles
1. Chairperson-Alumni Relations Dec 2015 to currently
2. Chairperson-Fellow Programme in Management-June 2014-Nov 2014
3. Chairperson-Post Graduate Programme in Human Resource Management- MDI ( since July, 2008-2011March ; Dec 2011 to July 30th 2014)
4. For PGPHRM Programme-Reviewed the programme with Industry and faculty
5. New Electives firmed and floated
6. Organized HR conclave-Academia –Industry Partnership- more than 50 delegates-Panelists-E &Y, GOI, Ministry of Heavy Industry, Jindal Stainless & Power Limited, Max Group and Maruti Udyog Ltd.
7. Chairperson –HRM Area –MDI (July, 2008)
8. Placement Advisor-Consortium MBA-2007-March 2008.(placed 15 NMP Students within 3 months of time)
9. FPM Committee Member-Designed FPM faculty feedback form with the team.
10. Research Seminar Coordinator ( 20 seminars conducted since Nov 04-Mar. 06)
11. Research Committee Member
12. Placement Committee Member-2005
13. Library committee member
14. Excellence in teaching award committee member, 2005, 2006
15. Excellence in research Award committee member, 2005, 2006
16. 2004- Deputy Programme Director, UG, 3rd year, Bradford University& IILM, New Delhi
18. 1999-2000, PGPGM Deputy Programme Director, Apeejay School of Management, Dwarka, New Delhi
19. Assistant Editor Apeejay Business Review-In house Research Journal
20. Apeejay Edited Student’s annual magazine
1. 2014-Excellence in Research Award, conferred by MDI, March 14, 2014
2. 2011 MDI Best Faculty Award-Students’ choice PG 2009-2011
3. 2010-2011 Nominated from MDI with scholarship, to Harvard Business Schools’ Global Colloquium on Participant-Centered Learning GCPCL-2010-7 07/25/2010-08/05/2010, Boston , Harvard Business School , USA, July Aug , 2010
4. 2009-Best Practical Research Award 2009-Emerald Publishers, UK, for the paper, Bhatnagar J., (2007). Talent Management Strategy of Employee Engagement in Indian ITES employees: Key to retention, Employee Relations, Vol 29, No 6:640-663.(was scheduled to be awarded at AOM 2009 conference, Chicago, USA).
5. 2008-Excellence in Teaching Award -2007-2008, MDI (Received in March 2008)
6. 2006 MDI Best Faculty Award-Students choice PG 2006-2004.
7. 2001-Directors Appreciation Letter for conducting Vivekananada Memorial Debate, 2001-2002-2003, IILM, Lodhi Road, New Delhi
8. 2000-Best Paper Award to a women writer by Indian Society for Training and Development for the paper on Knowledge Management
9. 1999-2000 Apeejay School of Management, Chairman’s Appreciation Letter for Editorship,Student Newsletter.
10. 1999-Awarded MD’S Silver Circle Status, for zeal, commitment & motivating sales force, at Avon India Limited.
11. 1998-Inducted in the Hall Of Fame, , For Entrepreneurship, at Avon India Limited
12. 1988-Debating Trophy-Police Shield, Luck now University
1. Human Resource Planning --PGP-HRM –(Core)-
2. Human Resource Systems and Processes –PGP-HRM-Core with Senior Professor (Half credit)
3. Talent Management & Competency Framework (Elective-open to subscription)- Post Graduate Programme in Human Resource Management,
4. National Management Programme, Part time Post Graduate programme in management, Executive FPM & FPM(Equivalent to PhD)
5. Human Resource Information Systems- PGP-HRM Core with IS Professor
6. Employer Branding with co-Marketing Professor (Half Credit)
7. Strategic HRM-FPM-core (Equivalent to PhD)
8. Case writing Course-- 2014-2015;2015-2016 (FPM Core Course)
Indian Institute of Management, Indore (Visiting Professor) 2003
1. Human Behaviour at work (12*2)
Bradford University, UK-Institute for Integrated Learning in Management, Lodhi Road, New Delhi
1. OB-I-PG CORE
2. HRM-I-PG CORE
3. SHRM-PG II Elective
4. IHRM- PG II Elective
5. HRM1- Strategic Re-sourcing and Development- UG(University of Bradford)
6. Work Behavior and Performance-UG (University of Bradford, UK)
Thames Valley University (UK) Affiliated to Apeejay School of Management, 1999-2000
1. OB –I (PG-Core)
2. Strategies for Flexibility and Change (MBA-Thames Valley University)
International Research Papers
1. Mishra, P.,Bhatnagar .Jyotsna, Gupta, Rajen, McDermit, Shelly (2016) "Innovative Work Behavior in an Emerging Market: Exploring Role of Work-to-family Enrichment, Family-to-work Enrichment, Supervisory Support and Psychological Capital", forthcoming, Journal of Management & Organization
2. Bhatnagar J (2014).” Mediator analysis in the management of innovation in Indian Knowledge Workers: the role of perceived supervisor support, psychological contract, reward and recognition and turnover intention” The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 25 (10)May,2014
3. Mishra, P., Gupta, R., and Bhatnagar, J. (2014) "Grounded Theory Research: Exploring Work-Family Enrichment in an Emerging Economy" Qualitative Research Journal QRJ is A journal of Excellence in Research Australia (ERA). Vol. 14 Iss: 3, pp.289 – 306
4. Bhatnagar J., (2012). “Management of innovation: role of psychological empowerment, work engagement and turnover intention in the Indian context” The International Journal of Human Resource Management, Volume 23, Issue 5, pp 928-951
5. Bhatnagar Jyotsna (2013) Mediator analysis of psychological empowerment: reverse causality with strategic HRM dimensions and firm performance.” International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Vol. 6, No. 4, 2013.(Intimation received of Publication)
6. Bhatnagar, J. and Biswas. S. (2012) The Mediator Analysis of psychological contract:relationship with employee engagement and organizational commitment,” International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, 5: 6, pp.644-666.
7. Bhatnagar, J., Budhwar, P., Srivastava, P and Saini, D.S. (2011) Organizational Change and Development in India: A Case of Strategic Organizational Change and Transformation, Journal of Organizational Change Management, Vol. 23 No. 5, 2010, pp. 485-499 (Impact 0.520).
8. Rakesh Sharma, Jyotsna Bhatnagar (2009), Talent management – competency development: key to global leadership, Industrial and Commercial Training, Vol. 41, No. 3, pp 118 132
9. Bhatnagar J., (2008) Managing Capabilities for Talent Engagement and Pipeline Development, Industrial and Commercial Training(Emerald Journal), Vol. 40 (1)
10. Srivastava, P. and Bhatnagar J. (2008), Talent Acquisition Due Diligence Leading to High Employee Engagement: Case of Motorola India MDB. Industrial and Commercial Training, (Emerald Journal), Vol. 40 (5).
11. Bhatnagar J., (2007). Talent Management Strategy of Employee Engagement in Indian ITES employees: Key to retention, Employee Relations, Vol 29, No 6:640-663. AWARDED PAPER
12. Bhatnagar, J., (2007). Predictors of Organizational Commitment in India: Strategic HR Roles, Psychological Empowerment and Organizational Learning Capability. International Journal of Human Resource Management, Vol.18 Issue 10, p1782-1811. (B Journal-Impact- 0. 856)
13. Bhatnagar J., (2007). Looking from the Organisational Learning lens at technology enabled HR in Indian organisations International Journal of Human Resource Development and Management, vol. 7 (1)
14. Bhatnagar J., (2006). Measuring Organizational Learning in Indian Managers and establishing firm performance linkages. The Learning Organization , 13(5) : 416-433
15. Budhwar, P.S., Luthar, H and Bhatnagar, J. (2006) The Dynamics of HRM systems in Indian BPO Firms. Journal of Labour Research, 27(3):339-360
16. Bhatnagar, J., & Sharma, A., (2005) ‘The Indian Perspective of Strategic HR Roles and Organizational Learning Capability’, International Journal of Human Resource Management, 16(8)
17. Bhatnagar, J., (2005). “The Power of Psychological Empowerment as an antecedent to Organizational commitment in Indian Managers”, Human Resource Development International,: Vol. 8, No 4 :419-433, December
18. Budhwar, P.S., Saini, D.S., & Bhatnagar, J., (2005) ‘Women in Management in the New Economic Environment: The Case of India’ , Asia Pacific Business Review, Vol. 11, No. 2, 179–193, June 2005
Teaching Case Published with Teaching Note
1. Case titled “Amazon as an Employer” co-authored by Prof. Jyotsna Bhatnagar and Ms. Shweta Jaiswal, Research Scholar, HRM published in Richard Ivey Publishing.
2. Nayak, Sunanda and Bhatnagar Jyotsna (2016) "THERANOS: EXPLORING THE VALUE OF EARLY DETECTION OF DISEASES" (Case) with reference 316-0032-1
THERANOS: EXPLORING THE VALUE OF EARLY DETECTION OF DISEASES (Teaching note) with reference 316-0032-8, European Case Clearing House/Case Centre , UK
3. Jaiswal Shweta and Bhatnagar Jyotsna (2015) "Maynard Leigh Associates: Consultantpreneurs' Dilemma of Purpose or Profit", Richard Ivey Business Publishing Product Number #9B15C030, Harvard Business School, Product Number #W15372-PDF-ENG
4. Gulyani, Gaatha , Bhatnagar, Jyotsna (2015) Kvantum Inc.: Social Media Dilemma And Talent Retention Product Number: Richard Ivey Business Publishing Product Number 9B15C039, Harvard Business School , Product Number W15539-PDF-ENG
5. Chakravarty , A. and Bhatnagar, Jyotsna J (2015) A Panacea To Gendered Career Constraints: Dilemmas Of Sustainability And Building Talent Pipeline At The Bottom Of The Economic Pyramid, Reference no. 415-147-1, European Case Clearing House/Case Centre , UK
6. Sharma, Anshu, Bhatnagar, Jyotsna (2014) AN ENTREPRENEUR'S FUTURE CALLING: HUMAN CAPITAL RISK AND EXIT DILEMMAS Richard Ivey Business Publishing .Product Number:9B14C035
7. Gupta, Nakul , Bhatnagar, Arjun and Bhatnagar, Jyotsna (2013) CYBERPRENEUR'S WAKE-UP CALL: CYBER SECURITY AND MILLENNIAL TALENT CRISES , Richard Ivey Business Publishing Product Number - 9B13E029
8. Bhatnagar Jyotsna, Sharma, Neha .P, Gupta Nakul (2013) The Indian Greenpreneur: Management of Frenemy Talent and Coopetition Richard Ivey School of Business 9B13C028 , Harvard Business School W13372.
9. Neha P.Sharma, & Bhatnagar, Jyotsna (2012) Sitara: Indian Management Style — Capturing Hearts and Minds”. Richard Ivey School of Business. 9B12C028, Harvard Business School , W12172.
10. Bhatnagar Jyotsna & Saini, D.S. (2007/8). HR driven turnaround at North Delhi Power Limited: Transition from a Public Utility to a Private Enterprise Asian Case Research Journal, Vol. 11, No.2.(NUS, Singapore). http://www.worldscientific.com/doi/pdf/10.1142/S0218927507000990
11. Srivastava P. & Bhatnagar, Jyotsna (2008) Turnaround @ Motorola India- Mobile Devices Business through the HR lever. Vikalpa, Jan-March 2008. http://www.vikalpa.com/pdf/articles/2008/V33108_119-129.pdf
12. Saini, Debi, S., & Bhatnagar, Jyotsna (2005) North Delhi Power Limited: Dynamics of Change, Vikalpa, Vol. 30, No.4 :133-146, Dec. http://www.vikalpa.com/pdf/articles/2005/2005_oct_dec_133_146.pdf
NATIONAL REFERRED PAPERS
1. Bhatnagar, J (2015) A Framework Of Strategic HRM In Indian Organisations: A Study Of Managers, April| 2015, NHRD Network Journal, India
2. Biswas S & Bhatnagar, J., (2013)" Mediator Analysis of Employee Engagement: Role of Perceived Organizational Support, P-O Fit, Organizational Commitment and Job Satisfaction", Vikalpa , 38,1, 27-40
3. Bhatnagar, J &Srinivasan, V (2013) Building sustainability through people capability: a case study of Wipro ltd, October | 2013 NHRD Network Journal
4. Bhatnagar J. and Biswas, S. (2010) A conceptual proposal of the predictors and outcomes of employee engagement: Implications for the Resource Based View Perspective. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 46(2), 273-286.
5. Shankar, Tara and Bhatnagar, J , (2010) Work Life Balance, Employee Engagement,
Emotional Consonance/ Dissonance &Turnover Intention., Indian Journal of Industrial Relation, July, 2010-Pgs 74-87
6. Srivastava, P., Bhatnagar, J.(2010) Employer brand for talent acquisition: An exploration towards its measurement Vision, vol 14, no. 1, page, 25-34
7. Bhatnagar, Jyotsna (2010) Current and emerging HR Competence, NHRD Network Journal, October Volume 3 Issue 4
8. Ollapally, Anita and Bhatnagar J. (2009) “Holistic approach to Diversity Mnagement: HR implications’. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations. 44: no. 3, 454
9. Bhatnagar, J., (2006). Correlates of Organizational Learning Capability: An Empirical Analysis. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 42 (1):43-55
10. Chugh, S., and Bhatnagar, J., (2006) Talent Management as High Performance Work Practice: Emerging Strategic HRM Dimension Management and Labour Studies, 31 (3):228-252
11. Bhatnagar, J., & Pandey, A., (2005) HR METRICS :HR Six sigma in Indian Organizations, Management and Labour Studies, Vol. 30, No 4: 327-354,Nov .
12. Bhatnagar, Jyotsna & Sharma, A., (2005) ‘The Level of Psychological Empowerment in Indian Managers,’ Global Business Review,Vol.5, N0.2, July-Dec.
13. Bhatnagar, J.,& Sandhu, S., (2005) ‘Psychological Empowerment and Organizational Citizenship Behaviour In IT Managers: A Talent Retention Tool’, Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol. 40, no.4, April.
14. Bhatnagar, J., Puri, R., & Jha, H.M., (2004) ‘Managing Innovative Strategic HRM: The Balanced Score Card Performance management system at ITC Hotels’, South Asian Journal of Management, Vol., 11, No.4, December .
15. Bhatnagar, J., & Sharma, A., (2004) ‘The four pillars of the proposed Strategic HRM Dimensions Model, Organizational commitment, Strategic HR roles Organizational learning capability, Psychological empowerment’, Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol. 40. No. 1, July.
16. Bhatnagar, J., & Sharma, A., (2004) ‘Strategic HR roles in India: HR - Dares to be the Think Tank?’ published in Management & Labour Studies, Vol.29, No.3, August 2004
17. Bhatnagar, Jyotsna (2003) “HR Service Role Imperative For Knowledge Workers” Management & Labour Studies, 28(3)August 2003.
18. Bhatnagar, J., & D’Souza, L., (2002) ‘Bridging the HR Strategy gap with Assessment Centres', Indian Journal of Training and Development, Vol. 32 ( 2) April-June 2002.
19. Bhatnagar, Jyotsna & Menon, Deepti, (2000) ‘The Knowledge Cocktail: Action Learning in Two Software Corporations', Indian Journal of Training and Development, Vol. XXX (4) Oct-Dec . This paper was awarded the Kamla Award (best paper by a woman writer) in year 2000.
20. Bhatnagar, J.,(1988) “ Gender Differences in Ego States on ACL”, published in Tasi Darsan Vol. 8, No.4, October-December 1988
21. Bhatnagar, J.,(1999) ‘Career Planning’,article, published in Human capital, Vol., 5, Oct. 1999.
22. Bhatnagar, J.,(2000) ‘Need for the changing Psychological contract’, published in HRD Newsletter July-September 2000
23. Bhatnagar, J.,(2000) ‘What is new about Organizational Learning’, Published in HRD & OD In India, ‘ Academy of HRD, Hyderabad, September 2000
24. Bhatnagar, J.,(2000) ‘Benchmarking Training Needs’, Human Capital Jan 2000 issue.
25. Bhatnagar, J.,(2000) ‘Need for Responsive HR practices for nurturing the knowledge worker’, Apeejay Business Review, July-December 2000
26. Bhatnagar, J.,(2000) ‘Action Learning, Knowledge Management in software Multi Nationals, in IJTD
27. Bhatnagar, J.,(2001)’Need for a boundary for the knowledge worker in the boundaryless virtual reality, Indian Management.
28. Authored Research Paper, ‘HRIS: Benchmarking Software Packages : People SOFT VISION 2000, in software corporates, in Industrial Journal of Training & Development, New Delhi
29. Ramnarayan, S., & Bhatnagar, Jyotsna (1993) "How do Indian organizations meet Learning Challenges" Vikalpa, Vol.18 (1) January – March.
30. Bhatnagar, J., and Singh J.P. (1994) “Groups in Organizations” No.1191, IIM Ahmedabad, May,1994
1. Bhatnagar J., Bajaj, G., Ghosh, Somnath (2013) (Eds.) Innovations In People Management, :Cases in Organizational Behaviour, HR and Communication” MacMillan Publishers, India Ltd.
2. Budhwar P.S. & Bhatnagar, Jyotsna (Eds) (2009) “The Changing Face of People Management in India”: London : Routledge, Taylor and Francis.
3. Singh, P., Bhatnagar, J and Bhandarker A.(Eds) (2006) Future of Work: Mastering Change, New Delhi: Excel Books.
REFERRED BOOK CHAPTERS
1. Aggarwal, P and Bhatnagar, J. (2016) Conceptual Review of Green HRM Practices and Employee Well Being: Green Work-Life Balance & Green Engagement as Mediators (Chapter 12) in Pillania R.K., Bhandari, N. and Dasgupta, M. (Eds.) (2016) Emerging Themes in Strategy. New Delhi: Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Limited Company.
2. Singh, H., & Bhatnagar, J. (2014). Green Work Life Balance, chapter published in Chatterjee.S, Singh, N.P., Goyal, D.P., Gupta,N (Editors, Managing in the recovering market, Springer proceedings in business & economics), Chapter 24, pg: 303-314.
3. Nayak Sunanda and Bhatnagar, J . (2012) , “Need for new creed of Doctor- Managers: Talent Management and Employer Brand Dilemmas at XYZ Hospital, in Bhatnagar J., Bajaj, G., Ghosh, Somnath (2012) (Eds.) Innovations In People Management, :Cases in Organizational Behaviour, HR and Communication”Mac Millan Publishers, India
4. Bhatnagar, J and Sharma R.(2012) Case 14.1: Performance Evaluations at Indian OQT-Pharmaceuticals(India) Comparative IHRM: Operating in Other Regions and Countries in Briscoe, Dennis, Schuler, Randall and Tarique , Ibraiz (Eds.) International Human Resource Management, Policies and Practices for Multinational Enterprises, 4th Edition,New York: Routledge
5. Budhwar, P., Bhatnagar J. and Saini, D. (2012), “Organizational Change
and Development in India,” In C. L. H. Rathbone (Ed) 'Ready for Change', Palgrave Macmillan, Basignstoke. (Published In April 2012)
6.Bhatnagar, J & Som, Ashok (2010) Lessons from two Indian Success stories, Budhwar, P. & Varma, A. (2010) (Eds.) Doing Business in India. London: Routledge.
7.Bhatnagar, J (2010) Managing Talent through Employee Engagement Strategies In Verma , Subir The Next Orbit, Sage publication
8.Bhatnagar, J.(2009) Exploring Psychological Contract and Employee Engagement In India, (Chapter 7) in Budhwar P.S. & Bhatnagar, Jyotsna (Eds.) (2009) “ The Changing Face of People Management in India” London: Routledge :Taylor and Francis.
9.Bhatnagar, J.(2009) Talent Management Strategies In India, (Chapter 8) in Budhwar P.S. & Bhatnagar, Jyotsna (2009) in Budhwar P.S. & Bhatnagar, Jyotsna (Eds.) (2009) “ The Changing Face of People Management in India” London: Routledge :Taylor and Francis.
10.Bhatnagar, J.(2009) Human Resource Information Systems and HR Outsourcing in India, Chapter 9 in Budhwar P.S. & Bhatnagar, Jyotsna (2009) (Eds.) (2009) “ The Changing Face of People Management in India” London: Routledge :Taylor and Francis.
11.Bhatnagar, J. and Sharma, A., (2009) Organizational Commitment and Performance in an Indian context, (Chapter 11) (Eds.) (2009) “ The Changing Face of People Management in India” London: Routledge :Taylor and Francis.
12.Bhatnagar, J. and Pandey, A. (2009) HR Metrics and Six SIGMA IN AN Indian based MNC, (Chapter 10) (Eds.) (2009) “ The Changing Face of People Management in India” London: Routledge :Taylor and Francis.
13.Mehrotra, N., Budhwar, P.S. & Bhatnagar J., (2006) Investigating Antecedents of Organisational Commitment: An Empirical Investigation in Retail Banking Call Centres , in Singh, P., Bhatnagar, J and Bhandarker A.(Eds) (2006) Future of Work: Mastering Change, New Delhi: Excel Books
14.Singh, P. Bhandarker, A. and Bhatnagar J.(2006) The Future Work Scenario: Mastering Change in Singh, P., Bhatnagar, J and Bhandarker A.(Eds.) (2006) Future of Work: Mastering Change, New Delhi: Excel Books
15.Bhatnagar, J., & Sharma, A., (2004) ‘Following the rainbow of Strategic HRM for effects on firm performance’ ‘Creating Value through people’ Editors: Singh, P, Singh, A and Chauhan, D., New Delhi: Excel Books, November.
16.Bhatnagar, J., (2004) ‘New Dimensions of Strategic HRM: HRIS Managed Talent Management and Application of HR Six Sigma’, Emerging Asia : An HR Agenda. Editors: R Padaki, N.M. Agrawal, Balaji, Gopal P. Mahapatra.. New Delhi: Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited.
17.Bhatnagar, J., & Sharma, A., (2002) "A need for a paradigm shift in HR for knowledge workers", published in the book 'Beyond Knowledge Productivity' Lemma Publishers, Utrecht, The Netherlands.(Pgs 135-145).(ISBN # 90 5931 126 4 NUR 801)
18.Bhatnagar, Jyotsna , (2000) 'What is new about Organizational Learning' , Perspectives on HRD & OD in Indian Organizations, (Eds.) Kandula, S.R . & Bapuji, Hari Hyderabad, Academy of HRD , 2000.
Referred International/National Conferences Papers Presented
1.Sharma, Anshu, Bhatnagar, Jyotsna (2015) Impact of enterprise social media on organizational learning capability - Role of employees’ social capital and informal learning activities presented at 4th Biennial Indian Academy of Management Conference, Dec 11-13, 2015 at IIM Lucknow Noida Campus, NCR.
2.Sharma, Anshu, Bhatnagar, Jyotsna (2015) 'Emergence of Team Engagement: A Qualitative Investigation of Work Teams under Time Pressure Context', presented at 4th Biennial Indian Academy of Management Conference, Dec 11-13, 2015 at IIM Lucknow Noida Campus, NCR.
3.Jaiswal Shweta and Bhatnagar Jyotsna (2015) ‘Work Life Balance Practices: Availability, current application and future application, Job embeddedness and Intention to stay’ presented at 4th Biennial Indian Academy of Management Conference, Dec 11-13, 2015 at IIM Lucknow Noida Campus, NCR
4.Gupta, N. and Bhatnagar, J. (2014) Millennial Entrepreneurs and Climate Change Management-- A Cross Country Qualitative Analysis of Innovation14926, AOM , 2014, Philadelphia, USA, August 1-6th 2014, to be presented on August 5, 2014 at Community resilience and Climate change session on 5th August2014.
5.Gupta, N. and Bhatnagar, J. (2013) Millennial’s Entrepreneurial Orientation - A Qualitative Analysis of Entrepreneurs working for Climate Change Mitigation in Emerging Markets - (Conference Paper – presented at 3rd Indian Academy of Management Conference, 12-14 December, 2013)
6.Satyam , Pavitra, Bhatnagar, Jyotsna, Gupta, Rajen (2013) Role of psychological capital in the relationship between work-to-family enrichment, family-to-work enrichment and innovative work behavior (Conference Paper – presented at 3rd Indian Academy of Management Conference, 12-14 December, 2013)
7.Bhatnagar, J (2012). ‘Mediators in the management of innovation: Empirical evidence from Indian knowledge workers,’ presented at 12th International HRM Conference, 10-13th December, MDI, India.
8.Pallavi Srivastava, Jyotsna Bhatnagar & A.P.Arora (#12619) entitled “A Multidimensional Scale For Measuring Employer Brand ” was presented at the AOM conference on “Careers Division Discussion Paper Session: Career Interfaces” (Aug 5 2012). Academy of Management , Boston ,USA 3rd to 7th August 2012
9.Bhatnagar Jyotsna, Srinivasan, V, Sharma Neha P. (2011) Building, Green sustainable organizational capability in emerging markets: Case of Wipro paper presented at IIM Bangalore, 2nd INDIAN ACADEMY OF MANAGEMENT (IAM) CONFERENCE 2011 In collaboration with ACADEMY OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS – INDIA CHAPTER ‘Managing in the New Economy: Exploring the Indian Context’, 18 – 20 December 2011
10.Ollapaly, Anita, Gupta , Rajen, Bhatnagar ,Jyotsna (2011) Person Team Fit: Exploring the phenomenon ,: Management Development Institute, Gurgaon , , paper presented at IIM Bangalore, 2nd INDIAN ACADEMY OF MANAGEMENT (IAM) CONFERENCE 2011 In collaboration with ACADEMY OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS – INDIA CHAPTER ‘Managing in the New Economy: Exploring the Indian Context’, 18 – 20 December 2011
11.Mishra Pavitra, Gupta, Rajen, Bhatnagar: Jyotsna (2011) Work-Family Enrichment: Exploring the phenomenon through grounded theory,: Management Development Institute, Gurgaon, paper presented at IIM Bangalore, 2nd INDIAN ACADEMY OF MANAGEMENT (IAM) CONFERENCE 2011 In collaboration with ACADEMY OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS – INDIA CHAPTER ‘Managing in the New Economy: Exploring the Indian Context’, 18 – 20 December 2011
12.Nayak, Sunanda, Bhatnagar, Jyotsna, Bhudhwar Pawan (2011) Leveraging social networking for talent management: An exploratory study: Aston University, , paper presented at IIM Bangalore, 2nd INDIAN ACADEMY OF MANAGEMENT (IAM) CONFERENCE 2011 In collaboration with ACADEMY OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS – INDIA CHAPTER ‘Managing in the New Economy: Exploring the Indian Context’, 18 – 20 December 2011
13.Bhatnagar, J & Biswas, S (2010) The Mediator Analysis of Psychological Contract: Relationship with Employee engagement and Organizational commitment. International HRM Conference, Aston University, UK, 9th-12th June 2010
14.Bhatnagar, J & Biswas, S (2009) A conceptual proposal of the antecedents and outcomes of employee engagement: Implications for the Resource Based View Perspective, accepted for presentation at Indian Academy of Management conference, affiliated to AOM,USA Dec 27-30,2009, XLRI, Jamshedpur
15.Bhatnagar, Jyotsna, (2008) “Mediators in Strategic HRM and reverse causality of firm performance in Indian Context," Academy of Management Conference, August 8-13, Anaheim, California, USA
16.Srivastava P. & Bhatnagar, J (2007) Talent Acquisition Due Diligence Leading to High Employee Engagement Case of Motorola, India , presented at Asia Pacific Researchers in Organization Studies (APROS) 12, organized by Management Development Institute, India December 9-12.
17.Bhatnagar, J., (2005) Creating Technology enabled HR: Just in Time Organizational Learning In Indian Organizations (CD Proceedings). Asia Pacific Researchers in Organization Studies (APROS) 11, Organised by, Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia, 4-7 Dec .
18.Bhatnagar, J., & Sharma, A., (2005) Organizational Commitment as a predictor of Firm Performance (CD Proceedings) 11th International on productivity and quality research, ICPQR, 2005, Organised by: IIT Delhi in association with International Society for productivity & Quality Research, USA, Dec 12-15.
19.Bhatnagar, J., & Saini, Debi, S., (2005) (Presented by Jyotsna Bhatnagar) “Establishing Organizational Learning Through HRM Systems at North Delhi Power Limited”, 12th International Conference, European Consortium for the Learning Organization, (ECLO), Organized by European Consortium for the Learning Organization, Birmingham, 23rd-24th May 2005
20.Chugh, Sunita & Bhatnagar, J., Emerging Strategic HRM dimension: Talent Management as High Performance Work Practice (CD Proceedings-Presentation published along with the abstract) at Bangalore HR Summit-2005 - Leveraging Talent for Business Results , IHRD, Bangalore,16th -17th Dec. Awarded the Best Paper.
21.Bhatnagar, J., Sharma, A., (2004), ‘Macro level analysis of Strategic HR Roles: Effect of Organizational level contingency variables on Firm Performance’. Presented at the International Conference on “Indian Midsize Manufacturing Industry – Opportunities and Challenges in a Global Economy”19th & 20th February, organized by MDI & CII.
22.Bhatnagar, Jyotsna & Sharma, A., (2004), ‘Indian Perspective of HR Roles and Organizational Learning Capability: A Hand and Glove approach’. Accepted for presentation at the Fifth International Conference On HRD Research and Practice Across Europe 2004, SPONSORED BY The University Forum for HRD, EURESFORM and the Academy of HRD. 20th 21st May.
23.Bhatnagar, J.; & Sharma, A., (2003) ‘Correlates and Predictors of Organizational Learning Capability in Indian Organizations: An Empirical Analysis’. Published in the CD proceedings of The Second Asian Conference of the Academy of HRD- Human Resource Development in Asia: National Policy Perspectives, November 29 – December 2, 2003. Venue: Rama Gardens Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand, Host Institution: National Institute for Development Administration (NIDA), Thailand .
24.Bhatnagar, J. & Sharma, A., (2003), 'Strategic HR roles and Organizational learning capability affecting organizational commitment : An Indian Perspective' published in the CD proceedings at the Fourth Conference On HRD Research And Practice Across Europe 2003,23 & 24 May 2003,Groupe ESC Toulouse, France. Sponsored by : University Forum for HRD (incorporating EURESFORM) and the Academy of HRD. Hosted by Centre de Recherche Européenne sur l’Emploi et les Ressources Humaines, Toulouse Business School (Groupe ESC Toulouse), 20 boulevard Lascrosses, BP 7010, 31068 TOULOUSE Cedex 7, FRANCE.
25.Bhatnagar, J. & Sharma, A., (2003)' The process of Psychological Empowerment: A study of Indian managers 'presented at the International Conference On 'Strategic Management In A Globalizing World: Perspectives from a developing inquiry'. 6th Annual Convention of the Strategic Management Forum in XLRI Jamshedpur, India, April 24- 26, 2003.
26.Bhatnagar, J.& Sharma, A.,(2002) 'Shifting Sands of Strategic Human Resource Roles: An Empirical Analysis' presented at the COSMAR Conference, Department of Business Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India 19-22nd September, 2002.
27.Bhatnagar, J. & Sharma, A., (2002) 'Empirical Analysis of four strategic Human Resource roles in India,' accepted and published in the CD proceedings of the Third Conference on HRD Research and Practice Across Europe, 25th-26th Jan 2002, Napier University, Edinburgh & University of Abertay, Dundee, U.K. (Refereed Conference). Bhatnagar J.,(2002) 'Shifting Sands of Strategic Human Resource Roles: An Empirical Analysis' presented at the COSMAR Conference, Department of Business Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 19-22nd September, 2002.
28.Strategic Human Resource roles in India: A Rhetoric or Reality?" paper presented at, ‘The Strategic Management Forum: 5th convention and The National Seminar on Competitiveness :Prospects, Tasks & Challenges. April 25 - 27, 2002, TRACK : Research Colloquium VENUE : MDI – Gurgaon.
•CO-Programme Director for Open MDP :
•*2009 Jan and Dec., 2013, 2016;Communication strategies for Effective Employee Engagement 2007 to *2014; open programmes on People Management Interventions for Performance Excellence
1. 2015-Indian Oil Corporation, Cutting Edge Co-Programme Director-Nov 16th to Dec 9th, 2015, IIPM Cmpus
2. 2015-2016-Co -Programme Director, Indian Oil Dealership Programme
3. 2015-Co Programme Director-Senior Management Programme-ONGCIndia and Europe May 4TH -June 3 2015
4. 2014- 2015; GAIL India Limited, Capability Building Programme for HR managers and Competency Building for HR Managers , Module 1&2;
5. *2014; Competency Building For HR managers of GAIL India Ltd.
6. *2014-&2013 ; Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Limited, India(Japanese and Indian Participants)
7. January 2014;Vertical Integration for Senior BSF IGs and February 2014;Performance management Programme for BSF
8. 2013-Higher Management Programme for CPWD
9. *2012, 2011;Geological Survey of India Scientists-Training
10. *2012 ;Indian Railway personnel services-four week training,
11. *2012, 2009 SBO-AVPS-EXL
12. *2009, 2008 Syndicate Bank, AMP for Senior and middle management ,
13. *2008,2007-Jindal Stainless Limited Middle Management training (2) –Programme Director,
14. *2007 JEET Campus to corporate (2) Programme Director
15. Faculty Resource for MDPs for:
16. IOCL, 2012,2013,2014,2015
17. Indian Revenue Services, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
18. Border Security Force, 2012,2013,2014
19. Bharat Electronics Limited Senior & Middle Management level-2014, 2013,2012, 2011, 2010,2009-2008,2007
20. Defense Services Module on Talent Acquistion and Development, 2014;2009-2005
21. PNB Housing, 2012
22. CII. 2012
23. Cairns Energy Middle management level-2012,2011, 2008
24. EXL AVP LEVEL-, 2012,2011,2009,2008,2007
25. DCM-Shriram group-2011
26. Oberois group-2012, 2011
27. Syndicate Bank-Senior level Programme (2)-2009,2008.
28. IBM–Daksh- VP Level-AMP-2008
29. SMP-ONGC-2 programmes-2009,2008
30. ABB Junior level-induction programme-2008
31. 2000-Trainer for IAS offiers at IILM, New Delhi
32. Trainer for OD interventions at American Express Financial centre , East, 2003,
1. 2013-2014-Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Limited-Consultant for designing leadership development programme held for Japanese and Indian participants from Mitsubishi in October 2014, at MDI, Gurgaon.
2. 2012-2013 Member in the Committee by Consulting Development Centre, 2011-Principal Consultant -IBM Train the Trainer –Attrition Management at IBM
3. 2009-2008, Principal Consultant- Ministry for Statistics and Programme Implementation- Designing competency model based appraisal format-APAR
4. 2009-2008-Principal Consultant on Agriculture Insurance Company Of India Limited-HR Policy, Performance linked Pay.
5. 2006-2007.HR policy for UCO Bank based on Fast Tracker Identification; Competency Mapping; Training and Development interventions
Designed and conducted organizational diagnostic study and training need analysis based modules for:
6. 2014-2015 GAIL India Limited and IOCL
7. Baxter International-Middle Mgt.HR for Non HR, 2009
8. IBM Daksh- AMP-VP level Programme,2008
9. Jindal Stainless Limited-Middle management-Programme-2008,2007
10. Hero Honda Limited-Interpersonal and group dynamics from the Shop floor to managerial level-2007
11. Hewitt HRO- From Paper to people managers-2007